What should I pay? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

What should I pay?

I want to know the going price for an SC (unknown year 95-96?) with a rebuilt engine would run. I didn't look real hard at the interior, but I know the clearcoat is shot. It has a 5- speed and original wheels. BLue in color.

I know the guy and he doesn't really want much. The owner is having problems with the title. he told me the guy that sold it to him has the title tied up in a bankruptcy. I just want the motor and trans really to put in my 97 XR-7. What would you pay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 10:03 PM

Must be a 94, 95 no 96 sc were made. If it is 94, 95 and a 5 sp they are pretty rare.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

if its a 94-95 your looking at a car that is one of 1300 something combined within the 2 years. so its kinda rare, tell your friend ill take it if it runs.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Well it IS a factory 5-speed.

He just rebuilt the entire engine (back to stock specs).

He works at the Ford dealer in town and I've known the guy since highschool and hes a total gear head. So I know the car is in good mechanical shape.

I told his GF to tell him to call me. I actually got to thinkin about buying the car so I could use it to be my work car (If I get this job I interviewed for today) I cant make service calls in the 944. Maintenance just too damn expensive.

Back to the original question what would be the maximun I should pay? I looked at some Low mileage SCs at www.traderonline.com and those ran from high 5,000 to 7,000.

This one needs paint (Blue w/grey cloth int), it has the original wheels didn't really look at the mileage or the condotion of the interior.

Last edited by Mach3; 08-27-2003 at 02:25 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 08:26 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to anti-rice
if u have a `97 4.6 XR7, it might be easier to get the AED supercharger for it instead of spending possibly more on the SC, although the SC would have the benefit of the 5 spd still.

White `90 SC - 39k mi For Sale
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 05:53 PM

Picking up a friend of a friends car. 91 Auto SC with about 80-100k miles (unknown). They replaced the Speedo with one that had a few more miles, reads 101k on it now. Engine replaced with a salvage 89 5spd engine (wrecked in 89) in 2000. Engine is smooth, interior is perfect, but needs paint very, very bad. Is 2,500 too much? Needs tires, brakes, and one front shock. All sensors replaced recently. The tranny was a harsh up shift though. I'm told this is normal for the B&M shift kit with the tow mode installed.

Here are some old pictures.

Ted's SC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in