What do you think I run?? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

What do you think I run??

Did a search but it is specific to my setup etc...

I was wondering if anyone could estimate my 1/4 mile time:

I have a 1994 SC 5 Spd. with about 80,000 miles on her.

Performance mods:

5% ESM SC Pulley
Zr motorsports CAI with 7" filter
Harris Pulley
Cloned exhaust of the Supercoupeperformance one, but no mufflers in the back just in the middle as a resonator

Other things:
2-8"- 800 CFM intercooler Fans (not for HP, but for cooling)
Just put in new double platnium plugs and gapped them to 0.45, and 8.5mm Magnecor wires
I also am running 17" Cobra R's (lighter than the stock wheels)
Short throw shifter
Removed spare in trunk
Moved battery to trunk
Running about 14 lbs of boost

Raced a 2002 Acura RSX Type S and killed it bad..
Raced a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Convert. and was able to hang with him till about 60 and he pulled on me a little bit--half a car length-had 2 ppl. in the his car Driver+Pass. Was just me in mine.

Was checking some times on Car-stats.com and think that I am running low 14s, since they say the Acura runs a 14.8 and the Trans Am runs 13.9.

Good assumption or bad? I know I can't get accurate without running the car but would like some ideas.

Thanks very much guys.

Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 10:43 AM
3rd Gear Poster

my guess is a 14.6 ish. Those specs on that site are perfect runs. Its very hard to get those times for most people. Its all in how you race. You can have a 12 sec car, but it will only run a 14.0 if you cant drive it. also traction is a big deal. Stock tires or any radial tires wont hook that well. Getting a good 60' of 1.8 is vital. The 60' times will win races. It takes a lot of practice trust me. I race mine regularly, and got my 92sc 5 speed down to a 14.211 with an exhaust no cats, intake, and a 5% pulley. I also had an IC fan, but besides that it was stock. Now i have gears, TB, 42lb injectors, AFPR, 255lph pump, MAF, suspension work, and nitrous and a bunch of other performance mods. I cant hook up, i get horible 60' times of 2.3 because i spin into 3rd gear when the nitrous kicks in and have to let off so i dont loose it. I got some drag radials but havent had a chance to use them yet. Hopefully i can get one more time at the track before they close, but i'm at college so its tough to get home and race every week.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 08:35 AM
4th Gear Poster

14.9 @ 93MPH

12.28 @ 114mph
400RWHP~375RWTQ
Twin Screwed 95SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 09:29 PM

i would say if its cooler out, and you drive good and know how to launch, mid - high 14's, you should take it to the local track, its alot of fun and not that expensive, also if you go to the track, you might want to try to ice your ic tubes, it gave me .4-.5 of a second on a hot day
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 01:06 PM
PostWhore

[email protected] in decent air.

You've got to go to Englishtown raceway park one of these days. Can't beat this dry, cool fall air for low ET"s. Keep your eye out for a post on a meet and race at E-town. We are beginning to put one togther for possible early November.

'97 T-bird LX - 4.6L
The weekend car I never drive

'06 Mustang GT
The Daily
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Veteran Poster

It depends on track conditions and such but I'd say mid 14's as well ........

Why not take it to the track and find out for sure?!?!?

Michael Albee - President - Super Coupe Club Of IOWA

Titanium 1991 SC - Auto
13.265 @ 102.63 mph

Stock Crank, Stock M90, and Stock SC Top .... Everything Else .... Ah, Not So Much!!!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:19 PM

Any chance to get one more estimate from you guys? My mods are in my sig. I wasn't able to make it out this year since the track is over an hour from where I live and the time I would have to be there would have meant missing half a day of work during our busiest season kinda killed that. Oh yeah, dying motor mounts didn't fill me with confidence. But I plan to add a rasied top and get my heads p/p by spring. Thankfully the track here is at 30' ASL which should help out too. I can't wait to take her out and do it for real of course!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

LOL, I remembered when I posted that..I used a Gtech and my car ran a 13.6 (not as accurate as the track but it gives u a good estimate)..The ported Supercharger really helps out alot, as well as the maf, and TB.

Grim,

What type of port work do you have done to the Supercharger? And what the hell is a 13% OD pulley??? I have heard of 10 but not 13, I could be wrong tho. I think you would run a mid to low 14. Get a bigger TB so that your intake is opened more, thats the bottleneck. You have a nice sized intake and Maf and then the stock TB, also I would look into a Double IC or front mount to help cool the air more. Do you have a chip at all? Good mods man keep it up.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:48 PM

A 13% is actually the "10%" pulley but the overdrive is actually 13% on the newer model blowers. I'll probably take it off and put on an aluminum 5% which'll be about 8% OD on this type of blower. I also have high flow cats that haven't been installed yet. I'll probably be getting an IC fan very soon since they're on special at SCP right now. I don't have the $ for a FMIC but I may do a double IC later, probably next year. No chip yet.
I'm aiming for low 14's so if you're right I'll end up right where I want. Once I get to that point, I'll switch to handling and braking. Gotta keep the car well rounded!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

About the Fan the one at SCP is the same Permacool fan sold at Jegs or Summit. Might be able to get it cheaper there. Model number is 771-19128.

Fan at Jegs
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 06:02 PM

You should be in 13's with pair of D.R. no problem

here are the mod's on my sc which took me into 13's=== MAC c.a.i , 76 mm maf , 70mm TB , MP top , ASP pulleys , 5% blower p. , 255 fuel pump , ic fan , 3.08 gears , coustom exh. with h.f. cats , stock exh. manifolds , 255 BFG d.r.

I'm gonna put few more parts over winter[allum. flywheel ,3.27 gears , MP inlet plenum ] and I'm gonna shoot for mid 13's

take your sc to the track than you will see.DON'T GO TO THE TRACK WITHOUT DRAG RADIALS OR SLICKS ,I made that mistake ones

good luck13's
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 04:24 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Drifting Thunder Send a message via Skype™ to Drifting Thunder
I think you might just run high 13s. Car-Stats isn't always too accurate, it's just what magazines have run with that car. A 2002 LS1 Trans Am vert can run faster than 13.9 FOR SURE.

-Andy
'94 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Had a good kill yesterday. Beat the crap out of a stock mustang Mach 1, bright yellow too. He was pissed. Also raced a hooked-up SRT-4, I had my gf in the car and he was running solo, his front bumper was about a foot in front of mine..thats how close that was. Good race.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 08:57 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Drifting Thunder Send a message via Skype™ to Drifting Thunder
I'm gonna bet you'll run somewhere between 13.9-14.2.

-Andy
'94 Thunderbird SC 5-speed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in