Booster Pics??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Booster Pics???

Well, i've started puling the booster off to get rebulit. I got the IC Tubes off w/ the IC itself. I took a picture of my Supercharger w/ no top. I notcied when i pulled off the top that there were little "Scuff" marks on the rotors...Normal??? I cleaned the intercooler out, OMG, I could have sold 10 qts of the oil and crap that came out of there... Pictures of the booster w/ scuffs are at my Cardomain on page 3. Thanks in advance...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/432375/3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 04:46 PM

Not normal.

I would suggest getting that supercharger rebuilt or replace it.

From what I understand, the 94+ superchargers have a coating on the impelers which your don't appear to have. The 94+ style blower that I have on my 91 has the coating. That means the impellers are contacting each other and rubbing. The rubbing is caused by too much lash in the gearing or drive.

How does the oil look?

$350 bucks for a stock rebuild from SuperCoupePerformance.com isn't bad insurance. Or you can go up from there.

The Intercoolers collect oil, it's a fact of life with the SC unfortunatly.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 12:37 AM

Looks like the teflon is wearing off your rotors. It's a pretty common problem with the m90 that's on my grand Prix GTP and doesn't really hurt anything. I think the blower looses a bit of efficency, but nothing to cry about. Some wear more than others, at least with the GTP's, don't know a whole lot about the s/c birds, but I'd assume it'd be the same seeing as they blowers are the same type.

Again, speaking from GTP experience here, can you port the blowers with out any ill effects? I ported mine and saw some nice gains. Most people see about 10 whp on their GTP's. The inlet is the most important part of ours. We bore it out several mm's and polish it back to the rotors. We also open the outlet a bit. Take out the bolt holders and extend the trangle from the top of the opening down and round all the sharp corners.
OUtlet

my inlet

This made for some nice gains and took a few hours. Just a suggestion, don't know how the ford motor will like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

I've put some more UGLY Pics up on the site, please take a look. Is a rebuild necessary??? If so how hard is it to remove the supercharger? Easier than it looks I hope...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in