auto to 5-speed in a 95 SC - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

auto to 5-speed in a 95 SC

My brother has a 95 SC with a auto in it. But he can get a 90 5-speed out of a SC for free. His trans is acting up anyways so why not. What do you do about the extra wiring from the auto trans? My uncle told me that he has to put a whole new harness in it. Is this true because I never read anything about that. Or do you guys have a good link for this? I would look but i am pressed for time between classes. Thanks.

-Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 09:16 PM

When you get a minute I would do a search. There are a bunch of people that have done this and there is a lot of info about it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 07:55 PM

I did the swap on my 35th anny. You will need to get the plug that goes from the 5-speed tranny to the plug that is in the car. Mine was jut to the side of the cd player in the dash. Don't know about the 94-95 model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 11:36 PM

Stephen,
Did you change out that melted plug wire yet? You could probably get away with it for a few short trips. Was great to hear the blower spool up once you left my drive down the street.......

Cheers,
Calvin
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 01:15 AM
4th Gear Poster

For 94-95 you have to change the computer also, the auto computer won't work properly without a tranny. Don't attempt this unless you have a donor car to otain all the necessary parts from, the tranny alone won't cut it.

Vernon

Current record holder for fewest posts by a Houston Area Thread regular! Vernon says, "We all do what we can."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Yeah he does have a donor car, but i don't know if he is all up for it still. We'll see. Thanks for the replys.

-Brian
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FearThis SC
Stephen,
Did you change out that melted plug wire yet? You could probably get away with it for a few short trips. Was great to hear the blower spool up once you left my drive down the street.......

Cheers,
Calvin
No I have not, money has been tight. Hopefully get another set this weekend. Wouldn't want to woop ya with a bad plug wire at HRP...lol.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by onebad35thsc
No I have not, money has been tight. Hopefully get another set this weekend. Wouldn't want to woop ya with a bad plug wire at HRP...lol.
That was actually pretty funny........NOT! I know about being tight on money.....ain't we all in one form or another.

Calvin
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 10:02 AM

All i have to say is good luck finding the 5 speed center console part. It's discontinued from ford and not many people are willing to relinquish theirs. Hope it all works out for u though
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brian93sc
All i have to say is good luck finding the 5 speed center console part. It's discontinued from ford and not many people are willing to relinquish theirs. Hope it all works out for u though
you can do a search on www.car-part.com. Do a search, then look for the 5-speed ones. I had found a couple from there. They can also do a search for you to. But it would be better if you called them. E-mailing them might take longer.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Jedi Master

expect to pay a pretty penny for that console, i've seen it go for $250!!! and that was just the top part with no boot or anything else

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in