1997 MN12 Sport 4.6L Supercharged 5 Speed Sold
1998 Mark VIII LSC Teredor Red, Parts car, PM me
1998 Mark VIII LSC Pearl, Stock, Garage Queen
2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L Long Armed and Locked
2008 Yukon Denali 6.2L Supercharged
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Geek w/Gearhead Complex

what till lazzo's SC is done...

96 Mark VIII [email protected] :: 03 radiator/fan - j-modded trans - BBK UD pulley kit - dual gauge pod - 28,000 B&M transcooler (w/ AN fits) - 3.73 locker (with speedo gear) - 180' thermo - 8.5mm wires - colder plugs
soon to install : "fixed" heads and a damn tune. Project snaked8 continues...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 10:06 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to BlownMerc
That guy is the ****. When I had first bought my 90 XR7 I used to ask him all sorts of questions. Those are some awesome numbers Dave. Way to go and keep that Cat clawing harder!

2000 Camaro Z28 auto
SLP Airbox Lid
PaceSetter LT's
Custom Y pipe
3800 Vigilante Stall
Cam Motion 224/228 .585/.585 114
NX 100 wet
HP Tuners
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 11:18 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
Lazzo's SC is done. he had it at the track thursday....and for those of you that dont know...its not a 3.8L anymore. Its a 347 Stroker all motor now, converted to mustang harness and electronics. Went a 15.15 though, hes chasing fuel issues and tuning issues....but its only been out for 2 weeks.

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 11:59 PM

damn those whipple #'s look good even with it starving for go juice up top with the fuel system worked out and some other tweeks that thing is gonna FLY awesome job
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 12:47 PM

Lets just hope that Apten actually markets this package sooner than later. I have been waiting on them to finish it since December last year. Everytime I call them, it's another 4 weeks before it can be sold. Their website says It will be available Feb 2004...

I don't mind waiting, but don't string people along, guys! Just give us a deffinite date, and stick with it! I'm starting to wonder if some of you guys at Apten don't (or have) work(ed) for the Microsoft Corporation, and upon leaving you took along the company's worst feature. Always being late with new product releases.

I understand that you want to sell a "bulletproof" kit, and that you need more research. For that I commend you. But Stringing potential buyers who are close to just saying "screw it", and calling Charles Warner at Magnum Powers up, is not the way to go.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 07:46 PM

I have talked to Brian before, and he's a pretty smart guy. There are not many people in this industry that I place enough faith in to belive what they tell me just cause it's them telling me. Brian is one, and hte man is the other. Everything I have heard from multiple sources say that getting these whipples to the point that they can be easly tuned, much less a bolt on, is very difficult. I don't know why, but I know that their right. That being said, I can't wait for them to get it set either, I got a 5spd waiting for one.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 12:44 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to T-bird4vr
Quote:
Lets just hope that Apten actually markets this package sooner than later. I have been waiting on them to finish it since December last year. Everytime I call them, it's another 4 weeks before it can be sold. Their website says It will be available Feb 2004...

I don't mind waiting, but don't string people along, guys! Just give us a deffinite date, and stick with it! I'm starting to wonder if some of you guys at Apten don't (or have) work(ed) for the Microsoft Corporation, and upon leaving you took along the company's worst feature. Always being late with new product releases.

I understand that you want to sell a "bulletproof" kit, and that you need more research. For that I commend you. But Stringing potential buyers who are close to just saying "screw it", and calling Charles Warner at Magnum Powers up, is not the way to go.

Brian\Apten have been nothing but helpful for the SC community. Get over it. Either you are going to wait or you aren't. Dave is obliviously close.

I doubt that I will do it, but in all honesty I should stop modding and wait. I just have to see what the new IC plenum/ lower intake will put me at. But 300hp through stock cats is unreal. Imagine what that would do on a 4.6/5.0.

I also doubt the kit is ready until the very end of summer.

Julian

twin screw sc
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 PM

Listen,

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I never said that Brian/Apten have not been helpful to the SC community. I think you are misinterpreting what I said.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 04:48 PM

Brian sold Apten to some people in Ohio...he now manages Superchips and moved to Orlando, FL last month when he went to work for them.

I believe he will still be involved in the marketing of the Whipple kits, but I don't know what role if any the new Apten will play.

David
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

magnum powers is aware that many dont want to wait but the results of the whipple has them worried for good , heck they put the MPII and plenum for 1100 dlls both , this must have really hit them hard.

i cant affor d a whipple so when the big dogs change from MP stuff to whipple ill be all over the used mp stuff.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 10:49 PM

Well, hell!

Is sucks that Brian isn't running Apten anymore.

Now I'm wondering just who exactly will be doing my heads, cam regrind, and Chip.

And as far as MP being worried... They have every reason to be. For a few hundred more dollars, a customer can get a blower package that will decimate the Magna Ported blowers.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 06:52 PM
New Title Pending

I've been behind the whipple movement since I first tried to push it in 2001. A good friend of mine did the first lysholm based supercoupe years ago, and had substantial results.

Sometime last year I put a lot of time into making an autorotor based liquid intercooled setup. That prototype ended up being passed to another super coupe owner for testing because we had problems with the car we were testing on.

There have been delays, but I can't really do anything about it. Apten was sold in March, and the decision to sell in Feb put some of the research projects on hold. Dave Dalke has been working with Apten, and they are pretty close to having a refined kit done. They made 410RWHP @ 4400RPM on Gary Kuhn's car before running out of fuel and going lean. By June (realisticly) you will be able to get this kit for under $3K.

You can say it's stringing people along, but look at it this way. I never did this to make any money. If I had, it never would have gone past the paper designs. Because it's more of a hobby project, it gets moved behind projects that pay the bills. But it will still happen, and soon. I plan on tuning one that will break the 450RWHP barrier for super coupes later this month.

Brian
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 07:16 AM

Fair enough, Brian.

My $$ is anxious to be spent on your products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in