TCCoA Forums banner

Where can I get a 28 spline 8.8 ring and pinion kit?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  driller 
#1 ·
I want to trade out my old 2.73s for some 4.10s, and I was wondering where I could find a ring and pinion for a 28 spline? Jegs, summit and ford racing only list 30 splines for the 8.8, though they list the 28 spline carriers... Where can I find a ring and pinion to fit our cars carriers at a good price?

#2 ·
i could be wrong however i will say this. The splining has to do with the axles and the carrier. a ring and pinion for an 8.8 should be the same for any 8.8. If your not changing the carrier you should be find with any 8.8 ring and pinion set. check the parts for sale section. maybe someone is letting a set go.

#3 ·
Ring and pinion are not dependent on the axle spline count. Also larger numerical R&P for the 8.8 don't require a different carrier (be it an open or a trac-lok) so if you aren't looking to upgrade an open carrier to a trac-lok, any 8.8 4.10 gears will work.

#5 ·
Sorry, not ALL 4.10 8.8 gear sets work, you can't use reverse rotation ones for the front ends of 4x4s.

#7 ·
A groove for the snapring. I am taking 2 apart now, and a 7.5 one, 2 need machined, 1 for a solid axle car doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.