2 1/2" Mandrel Stainless Midmount - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

2 1/2" Mandrel Stainless Midmount

It seems that there have been alot of threads lately about new true-duel systems. Which brings the question when is somebody going to make a 'kit' like this:

Mandrel Bent 2.5"
Stainless
True Duel
Manifold Back
Midmount Magnaflow.
Optional High-Flow Cats

I spoke with Bill @ SCP during Carisle and he said it was a future possibility but very expensive. I don't mind spending the money if it's done once and right. Nobody in my area seems to have the talent, tooling, or desire to do such a thing. My buddy just had a reputable shop do his car and honetly it came out totaly hacked. 2-1/2 compression, aluminized steel, hung wayyy to low and crooked tips. And still the guy wanted $1100! I love the sound and want the same on my car, but nobody here does the work you guys are getting. That and the closest shop that even has a mandrel bender is 2-1/2 hrs away. I don't know how many others are in this situation.
Sorry if this came out as more of a rant but I'd really like to see how much of an interest there is.

Eibach 1.5" Lower Springs, Koni Adjustable Shocks, SCP IRS Brace, SCP Lower Engine Cradle Brace, Mark VIII LCAs
Chuck's Poly Motor Mounts, 13" PBR Front and Cobra rear brakes, 245-45-18 ADR Kasai Wheels, RichardM Intake Tube
Super Coupe leather seats and console, Pioneer Head, Audison Amps, Boston SL Components, 10" Boston G5 subs, Reverse Glow EL Gauges, Super Coupe Ground Effects, '96 Hood and Headlights, Custom paint: Tungsten Silver, PI Intake, 4000 stall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_SilverBird View Post
It seems that there have been alot of threads lately about new true-duel systems. Which brings the question when is somebody going to make a 'kit' like this:

Mandrel Bent 2.5"
Stainless
True Duel
Manifold Back
Midmount Magnaflow.
Optional High-Flow Cats

I spoke with Bill @ SCP during Carisle and he said it was a future possibility but very expensive. I don't mind spending the money if it's done once and right. Nobody in my area seems to have the talent, tooling, or desire to do such a thing. My buddy just had a reputable shop do his car and honetly it came out totaly hacked. 2-1/2 compression, aluminized steel, hung wayyy to low and crooked tips. And still the guy wanted $1100! I love the sound and want the same on my car, but nobody here does the work you guys are getting. That and the closest shop that even has a mandrel bender is 2-1/2 hrs away. I don't know how many others are in this situation.
Sorry if this came out as more of a rant but I'd really like to see how much of an interest there is.

I'd a bought it. Good luck!

Brad

93 5.0 Thunderbird LX - Suspension rebuilt - poly , Solid rubber mm's, Tokico Blues, SCPP 3.5" CAI, True Duals (Pypes Bullits MVR200RA, Magnaflow Resonators 14416), FRPP case & 3.73 gears, Dynatech MMC driveshaft, Walbro 255lph, 3G 130 amp Alt, MAC 1 5/8" Long Tubes, Tru Cool (28k), Cervini hood, LC-1, QH, '95 Cobra J4J1 PCM, 88mm VMP Slot Blade MAF, '97 TBird Electric Fan, PBR calipers, 24lb EV6 Bosch 4 Jet Injectors

[email protected] (engine/trans is stock)

To Be Installed: WRGearset (FRPP) AOD w/Art Carr VB (transbrake/electric OD_non-lockup), Ultimate Converter Concepts 9.5" 4100, Hurst V-Matic 2, Camshaft Innovations "Custom" cam & "TEA" prepped TW 190 FAC by Jay Allen, Holley Systemax II, 75mm TB, 275/50/15 MT D/R's,
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Listening on 141.850 mHz!

Guy at a shop in my area of southeast Michigan told me he'll do my mid-mount system as long as I bring him the parts; 2 high flow cats and a muffler, all by Magnaflow. He said he'd charge me about $300 ~ $350 for the pipes, bending, and installation which of course includes welding.

Now all I need is to free up some of that green paper with those dead guys on them. Been that way for a few months though - I can never seem to keep them around.

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8
1997 Thunderbird Limited Edition 4.6L V8 - gone.
Might be a 2005-2007 Jaguar XJ-8 L in my future.

[email protected]
Westland, Michigan - but I'm from central New Jersey!
http://www.hoodliners.net - My hoodliners I make!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_SilverBird View Post

Mandrel Bent 2.5"
Stainless
True Duel
Manifold Back
Midmount Magnaflow.
Optional High-Flow Cats

Bro hate to say it but its been done. Dan at ART in Miami was offering these kits for like $600 with manifold back mandrel 2.5" and a xover in stainless steel. Did not sell enough to keep it going. Do a search here for ART exhaust to see the pics. I just picked up a used ART system for $100 on Ebay yesterday and drove 2 hours out of my way to get it. The actual paying market for these is stupid small.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 PM
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
Bro hate to say it but its been done. Dan at ART in Miami was offering these kits for like $600 with manifold back mandrel 2.5" and a xover in stainless steel. Did not sell enough to keep it going. Do a search here for ART exhaust to see the pics. I just picked up a used ART system for $100 on Ebay yesterday and drove 2 hours out of my way to get it. The actual paying market for these is stupid small.
The only problem was that Dan's system was poorly laid out and hung waaay too low. You need a compound angle in the rear to clear the fuel tank,axle,etc,etc...
His kits when all laid out were flat and straight. Looked like ass and fit like ass. That's why I built my own.
JL

1997 Thunderbird-4.6L/[email protected]
'05 F250 Crewcab 2WD-6.8L V10/5R110/4.10
2010 Lincoln MKT-3.5L EcoBoost V6/[email protected] stock
Fuelly
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
PostWhore

I don't think Dan lost any sales because it hung too low as I never saw that mentioned here. The sales were just not there for him to bother with it any longer. I mean it only takes 2-3 at a time to make it worth his while to make a run and he couldn't even get that going any longer.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Langton View Post
The only problem was that Dan's system was poorly laid out and hung waaay too low. You need a compound angle in the rear to clear the fuel tank,axle,etc,etc...
His kits when all laid out were flat and straight. Looked like ass and fit like ass. That's why I built my own.
JL
I saw Dan's at a show in Carlisle, and that is why I don't own one.

Eibach 1.5" Lower Springs, Koni Adjustable Shocks, SCP IRS Brace, SCP Lower Engine Cradle Brace, Mark VIII LCAs
Chuck's Poly Motor Mounts, 13" PBR Front and Cobra rear brakes, 245-45-18 ADR Kasai Wheels, RichardM Intake Tube
Super Coupe leather seats and console, Pioneer Head, Audison Amps, Boston SL Components, 10" Boston G5 subs, Reverse Glow EL Gauges, Super Coupe Ground Effects, '96 Hood and Headlights, Custom paint: Tungsten Silver, PI Intake, 4000 stall
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 06:58 AM
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
I don't think Dan lost any sales because it hung too low as I never saw that mentioned here. The sales were just not there for him to bother with it any longer. I mean it only takes 2-3 at a time to make it worth his while to make a run and he couldn't even get that going any longer.
That,and never answering the phone,never having a functional website,etc,etc,etc....
JL

1997 Thunderbird-4.6L/[email protected]
'05 F250 Crewcab 2WD-6.8L V10/5R110/4.10
2010 Lincoln MKT-3.5L EcoBoost V6/[email protected] stock
Fuelly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in