My Hometown area exhaust shops... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

My Hometown area exhaust shops...

Been to 3 shops today just to check out prices for the weekend exhaust work, 2 of the 3 said the only thing they can do is weld some flowmasters on? They said theres 2 outlets going into 1 pipe then back out, they said its a bad design on ford and that is the only performance thing i can do to the bird to make it loud. Hell I had flowmasters welded on my old bird and it sounded stock still. So what should i take in to google to get a actuall good shop in my area i type in muffler shop and all 3 of them was garbage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM

look for any place that does exhaust work... I had a horrible time finding a shop as well. Taking a picture with you of a bird with true duels when you go seems to help. Ask people you know where they got theirs done. My boss last summer told me about a guy who did custom auto work. As it turns out, the guy did a great job bending the pipes, and was listed in the phone book as a tow shop. Ask around and take pictures with you, thats my best advice
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Voice/Data Guru

wow hard to belive that there is know good exhaust shops around Raleigh ! I am from Winston-Salem NC we have a few around our area

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Im in Greensboro right now what shops you recommend?Can i swing by and hear your exhaust?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Voice/Data Guru

I live in Philly now, Was born and raised in WS . Sprague Street Muffer Shop does very good work. Sprague street in WS

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
This one's a bit of a drive but if you live in the Western part of North Carolina, South Carolina or north Georgia they might be a good choice; they do amazing work. I plan on having them do my exhaust when I'm ready.

KevinM had true duals put on his car at Troy's Muffler shop in Anderson, SC.

They have a really cool website too. Check it out HERE oh, and turn your speakers on and up there's some really cool music on their home page!

http://troysmuffler.com/

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 04-08-2008 at 08:52 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Nice site !!! Love that tune

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 PM

If they say they can't do it, then they are not good enough. lol

Just find a shop willing to work with you.

True duals FTW!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Woot i got the exhaust! THanks for the pics the guy first said hell no then i showed him and he did it. Thing is i had to use flow master cause he didnt have magnaflows in stock and he didnt want to fabricate a X pipe cause he could order one for 30 bucks but beggars cant be choosy especially one who never has any days off.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

Often exhaust shops are the last place that will touch your converters, as they know they are being monitored much more closely. A chassis shop ended up doing mine since they deal with pipes and welding.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogunjobi View Post
Woot i got the exhaust! THanks for the pics the guy first said hell no then i showed him and he did it. Thing is i had to use flow master cause he didnt have magnaflows in stock and he didnt want to fabricate a X pipe cause he could order one for 30 bucks but beggars cant be choosy especially one who never has any days off.
Are you talking about KevinM's pictures?

Yea, that is a sweet set up!

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

ya thanks for posting kevin pics
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 AM

Kevins setup looks sweet. I am ordering two spun hi-flow cats and a magnaflow di/do muffler. I plan to take a pic of Kevins and have them run the pipes the same way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in