Need Help. New w/ Exhaust - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Need Help. New w/ Exhaust

Hey guys I really have no clue about what exaust to get for my car. I am looking for a cat-back kit right now just to get the deep sounding roar and maybe a tiny bit of performance increase. I looked on the flowmaster website but all I see is muffler's. They have no cat-back kits listed for my car. Can someone point me to a kit for me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 PM

Super Coupe Performance has some cat back kits including the Flowmaster kit on page 2 of the exhaust section. He sells great products and has outstanding customer service. Check it out!

http://http://supercoupeperformance....px?category=23
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 PM

I would say honestly to save and get a custom exhaust made... Its well worth it in terms of sound, and from what I've researched there is no cat-back made for these cars that has a good deep, loud sound. I would search here and you tube for a sound you like, then figure out if you want duals or a single and find an exhaust/muffler shop to make the setup for you. I got true duals for 150, and the magnaflow tru-x muffler for 70... love the sound. Hope this helps.

I would not recommend flowmaster though, I went that route first, with super 40's, and I was not impressed. Magnaflow all the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 02:54 AM

dont get flowmaster unless u want alot of drone. I had a super 40 on my truck and the drone was horrible. Get a di/do maggie and be done with it and have a shop take out the Y pipe and run duals all the way back

heres what my old tbird sounded like http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...bird_46471.htm thats with stock cats minus the 3 one
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
buy some mufflers and tips, if you want them. take them to an independent muffler shop. stay away from midas and meineke. no flowmasters.

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
PCD
Confirmed V6 Nut

Here's a Magnaflow pipe kit with 2.5" pipes. You can add muffler and tips of your choice.

http://www.performancepeddler.com/pr...CT_ID=MAG10702

And here's a direct fit replacement for all 3 cats for $351.

http://www.performancepeddler.com/pr...CT_ID=EAS30339

The Parts Bin Special is DEAD! It is being parted out.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
I kinda liked how flowmaster 40's sounded on the 4.6L. Maybe it has something to do with how the tips point down on our cars vs straight out on a Mustang?

Definately go the custom route, find a decent exhaust guy, have him weld up a set of TRUE DUALS, basically route 2 pipes where there is only one right now. Lots of us have it done that way.

Paid $500 Cdn. for 2 high flow cats, and 2 Mac mufflers, all piping, and labor. Hard to beat that if you wind up with a cat back for that, once you factor in shipping and labor on top to get it installed.

1992 Mercury Cougar XR7 5.0 - Rust In Pieces
1995 Mercury Cougar XR7, rust free Florida car - future 5.0 project
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM

flows sound different on stangs, as does every muffler. But the 4.6 in t-birds, flows sound terrible. I went the magnaflow route pretty muched based on how matts sounded, its a great sounding muffler, and I think it makes it look a little cleaner/smoother cause then there is no mufflers hangin in the back.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to bad93bird
You could pay $40 and have a muffler shop remove both rear mufflers, the resonator, and the 3rd cat. Then weld on a Bullet muffler in place of the resonator and your in business. On a 5.0L it sounds great. Not to loud and no drone. It will rumble.

QUADSQUAD MEMBER
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike View Post
buy some mufflers and tips, if you want them. take them to an independent muffler shop. stay away from midas and meineke. no flowmasters.
well not all meineke shops are bad the one over by me the guy is cool. If you have cash he will do it for cheap. I do agree the flows dont sound good on these cars. They sound good on other things but the drone is horrible. Personally i hate the look of added on mufflers hanging down like that a mid mount muffler with pipes to the rear is a nice clean look. On my truck iv got a maggy and its dumped at my rear axel so theres no pipe at all to see
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 AM
PCD
Confirmed V6 Nut

I'm old school. I am drooling over twin oval exhaust tips like the ones Pypes sell. Oval, 4" wide by about 1" tall, and just peeking out from under the bumper cover.

The Parts Bin Special is DEAD! It is being parted out.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD View Post
I'm old school. I am drooling over twin oval exhaust tips like the ones Pypes sell. Oval, 4" wide by about 1" tall, and just peeking out from under the bumper cover.
i'll have to check those out for myslef
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to bad93bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsLE97 View Post
well not all meineke shops are bad the one over by me the guy is cool. If you have cash he will do it for cheap. I do agree the flows dont sound good on these cars. They sound good on other things but the drone is horrible. Personally i hate the look of added on mufflers hanging down like that a mid mount muffler with pipes to the rear is a nice clean look. On my truck iv got a maggy and its dumped at my rear axel so theres no pipe at all to see
Not to hijack the thread. I saw your truck on dakusa or quad sqaud today.

QUADSQUAD MEMBER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in