Random Question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 95thunderchicken Send a message via MSN to 95thunderchicken
Random Question

ok i need everybody's opinion about what kinda exhaust system i should get. i've been reading about what everybody else has and i'm not sure what to go with i'm looking for how Loud it will be. i'm looking for something aggressive but nothing to were i'm rumbling the car next to me so if you can give me some feedback that would be great.

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX
1994 Ford Thunderbird SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM
PostWhore

hack the mufflers off, extend tips out the back, cheap and will give you some sound, if you want louder hack some more stuff off.....

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 01:00 AM
5th Gear Poster

im very happy with mine...2.25 tru duals..i used this muffler http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=7250 and heres a quick driveby of it...

pimp'n aint easy

mods: air silencer delete w/ k&n panel filter, magnaflow di/do tru duals w/all cats removed, sct 92 oct tune by blue oval chips, tokico advanced handling suspension kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 95thunderchicken Send a message via MSN to 95thunderchicken
will have to hack stuff off for sure.

Strung your t-bird sounded nice but i'm going for alittle more than that.

which brings me to resent events i torn my acl in my right knee i won't be able to work on my car or get the exhaust system i want right now but i will be reading and finding out what you guys think thanks for your help.

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX
1994 Ford Thunderbird SC
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 03:34 PM

one word...glasspacks, lol. I dont recommend hacking off the mufflers. Some people like the sound but I think it sounds terrible. Sounds like a pissed off bumblebee at high rpms.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

there is no substitute for a full aftermarket exhaust. If you hack the stock muffs you end up with more sound and drone. I hacked my back muffs but this was necessary to install the rear addco bar and dropping the LCAs without dropping the exhaust. Its ok sounding I wouldn't say I hate it but its rather lame. Don't waste your cash on a cat back as the cats/stock manifolds are the killer restrictions anyway. Go ported manifolds/magnaflow hi-flo cats with a DI/DO true X dynomax 2.25 pipe all the way back. I've been looking at combos for a while and this is the one that I like the most.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
there is no substitute for a full aftermarket exhaust. If you hack the stock muffs you end up with more sound and drone. I hacked my back muffs but this was necessary to install the rear addco bar and dropping the LCAs without dropping the exhaust. Its ok sounding I wouldn't say I hate it but its rather lame. Don't waste your cash on a cat back as the cats/stock manifolds are the killer restrictions anyway. Go ported manifolds/magnaflow hi-flo cats with a DI/DO true X dynomax 2.25 pipe all the way back. I've been looking at combos for a while and this is the one that I like the most.

how much do you think all that will cost me?

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX
1994 Ford Thunderbird SC
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95thunderchicken View Post
how much do you think all that will cost me?
It depends on the amount of down time you can have with your ride. Braincoating.com listed what it costs to have manifold coated and ported, supposedly (I agree with this) the best compromise between the cost of Kooks and a bump in flow. I paid 87.50 for each one of my magnaflow hi-flo cats shipped to my door from hottexhaust.com. I also paid 105 for the dynomax DI/DO X muffler shipped to my door from summit with a coupon. You still need pipe/manifold gaskets and maybe O2 sensors. THe cost of the pipes is for you to figure out because it varies locally. With a chip its a decent bump in power but the previous comments are also true too. Its comes down to the intake your using. Thats why I just said "ok do it all and be done." Don't be like others on here and pay for exhaust rework down the line because you upgraded something else in the engine bay. It simply isn't worth the cash for a full exhaust unless you have a chip/tune/xcal2/etc and better intake set up. Its kinda the down side with these cars. You don't make much power over stock without spending more cash on several things at once. Just my opinion though.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
It depends on the amount of down time you can have with your ride. Braincoating.com listed what it costs to have manifold coated and ported, supposedly (I agree with this) the best compromise between the cost of Kooks and a bump in flow. I paid 87.50 for each one of my magnaflow hi-flo cats shipped to my door from hottexhaust.com. I also paid 105 for the dynomax DI/DO X muffler shipped to my door from summit with a coupon. You still need pipe/manifold gaskets and maybe O2 sensors. THe cost of the pipes is for you to figure out because it varies locally. With a chip its a decent bump in power but the previous comments are also true too. Its comes down to the intake your using. Thats why I just said "ok do it all and be done." Don't be like others on here and pay for exhaust rework down the line because you upgraded something else in the engine bay. It simply isn't worth the cash for a full exhaust unless you have a chip/tune/xcal2/etc and better intake set up. Its kinda the down side with these cars. You don't make much power over stock without spending more cash on several things at once. Just my opinion though.

it all makes sense i'll look into everything after my surgery on my knee.

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX
1994 Ford Thunderbird SC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in