True Duals Question (St. Louis) - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

True Duals Question (St. Louis)

I was thinking of doing the True Duals, I live around the St. Louis area and currently have jsut my mufflers cut off with tips and was wondering if it will sound a lot different if i get the true duals and where would be a good place to get them done i.e. the cheapest but will still be a quality job? Suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to thunderchikin97
it will sound alot different w/ true duals...alot better for that matter if you go w/ the right setup. i also have a 97 4.6l and i cut my mufflers off about 2 months ago which as you know is a HUGE improvement over not even being able to hear the car as it was stock. but for me, that was only temporary. i just did true duals earlier this week actually. i had the third cat cut off, and had a single dual in/dual out flowmaster welded in its place and ran 2.5'' pipe all the way back on both sides, ending w/ trans am tips. im a big flowmaster fan, cuz thats what i have on my other bird too, however magnaflows sound very good too (my bro has magnaflow on his 5.0 explorer). my setup now is no louder that it was w/ just cutting off the stock mufflers, but it just has a MUCH better sound. its alot throat-ier and just sounds meaner...just a cleaner sound. in my opinion, its definitely worth the money and its a huge improvement. as for where to get it done, cant really help you there...im in VA haha.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:44 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Red-Resurected97_4.6
i have the stock stetup. with 2 18" long 2" dia. straight pipe out the back with single in dual out tips. i also removed the air box silencer deal. and i love the sound of it how it is. Removing the silencer in the air box is what made the difference in sound. No doubt about it

1997 T-Bird 4.6l V8-- Rear mufflers swapped for 2" straight pipes, Air silencer removed and K&N panel filter. SCP Cobra R Ram Air hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to twin turbo 281
just remove the resonator and put a dynomax RACE bullet in it will sound good and will not break the bank like a true dual setup if your just doing it for the sound theres no point going true duals

2x95 cougars to the scapper
97 F250 psd 4x4 dd twin charged
48 Gmc Detroit diesel 453t twin sticked
45 Chevy 451 detroit twin sticked
51 Mack A51T restoration
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 AM
The Parts Guy

The only place I will recommend in the area is House Springs Discount Muffler, in House Springs, MO, about 30 minutes south of St. Louis. They've done a few installations for me, and I've always been happy with them.

Rod @ AzzKicker Cars
[email protected]s.com
90 XR7-The Meth Addict-KB SC'd 5.0L DOHC Stroker
2004 Mustang GT-The Driver-Intake/Exhaust/3.73's
1995 F150 4x4-The Mud Toy-5.0L/4R70W/33's/Warn 8274 Winch
94 LX w/Splitport 3.8L from 2000 Mustang - SOLD
2 - 90 35th Anny Ed SC's
And a TON of parts cars!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in