My possible exhaust - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

My possible exhaust

Alright i finally got the car put back together and now my next thing to do on it is exhaust.

when i bought it whoever had the car hacked off the mufflers and must have had something on it because there was some remaining weld on the pipe in the back but they must've taken whatever was on there off.

anyways i didn't do anythign with it at the time i just put some turndowns on it for the time being and it sounded alright i guess.

Now my plan is to purchase the Walker Dynomax pipe, comes in the 3 sections, its the same pipe in the Dynomax kit, but i don't want the mufflers.

I plan on putting on the pipe on and then putting some nice tips on it.

Is anyone running a similar setup and how does it sound?

Finally Got the bird back together and running
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

not a good idea?

Finally Got the bird back together and running
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:44 PM

I just cut my mufflers off mine on the weekend.... I rather like the sound though others tend to disagree, I have posted videos with my car, and my dads two trucks, one of which has flowmasters, and the other is just some dual exhaust with unbranded mufflers (I think they are hollow tbh) .... engine specs are in the video titles.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=122061

I wouldn't see any reason you couldn't use the pipes.... that's what your asking right? you want to keep the mufflers off the car and just use dynomax pipes??

you might want to wait and see what others say, but if you don't want those mufflers you can send them on my way

cutting the mufflers off sounds good, and personally I like that I can now hear what the engine is doing and how it's reacting, but it's only a mild replacement for a tuned exhaust like flowmaster or magnaflow or the like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in