Exhaust Systems - Are there any left? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust Systems - Are there any left?

I've been seriously considering upgrading the exhaust on my recently acquired 95 SC. But I'm having a little trouble locating a source for the parts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by ZX3ST; 01-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 05:37 AM
The Band, not the Disease!

Send a message via AIM to AnthraxBird
Buy the mufflers you want in the diameter you want. Take the mufflers to an exhaust shop and tell them what you want done. Like a true dual system, x or y pipe, 2 1/4 inch or 2.5 inch diameter etc. As for manifolds, check the parts for sale, extrude hone your stockers, go with kooks or any mustang gt manifold, but you will have to modify the steering shaft to get the mustang manifolds to fit.

1997 Mark VIII LSC - Toreador Red
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraxBird View Post
Buy the mufflers you want in the diameter you want. Take the mufflers to an exhaust shop and tell them what you want done. Like a true dual system, x or y pipe, 2 1/4 inch or 2.5 inch diameter etc. As for manifolds, check the parts for sale, extrude hone your stockers, go with kooks or any mustang gt manifold, but you will have to modify the steering shaft to get the mustang manifolds to fit.

hows that going to work on a super coupe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Yeah its too early... thought it was a 4.6. Disregard.

Look here: http://supercoupeperformance.com/par...spx?partId=132

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

just checking, thought maybe someone had come up with something to modify them. ya never know.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I guess I should have been a little more specific on what I'm looking for...

I want to install a "cat-back" type system for the performance increase, but want something very quiet so that I continue to "fly under the radar". Something stainless would be nice. I've tried the aluminized material in the distant past and have been less than impressed. But if it's my only option, I have no choice.

I found a couple systems mentioned in the sticky at the top of the forum, and thought they might fit my needs. But none of them seem to be available anymore. I guess 15years out of production will do that...

I don't plan on getting out of hand with spending money on this car. I just want to do a few things and enjoy driving it so I can keep my project/show car nice. So that being said, $2500 for an exhaust system is a little out of the question.

And on the manifolds: Port the stockers or bite the bullet on some headers?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:22 PM

600 bucks isnt bad for ex. manifolds. Take your car to a reputable exhaust shop. You can create any cat back exhaust in any size and any metal.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Slowride
Cat back isn't going to get you much in performance increase. My suggestion would be to cut the "Y" out and run true duals back to the stock mufflers, or talk to a muffler shop about something else to fit your needs. For what they want for cat back systems ( if you can find one), you can build a dual setup and be happier. I had more money tied up in ONE of my Dynomax Ultr Flo mufflers than I did in my custom down tubes, H-pipe, and routing the dual 2.5" pipes to the rear. Just my opinion.....good luck with how ever you decide to go.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Red97Tbird
I would get http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com...EXHAUST/Detail and http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com...-TUBING/Detail Since it's in pices you could have a shop just change the down tubes to fit the 3.8. It's 310 shipped for both sets. Just got mine in the mail friday going on my 4.6 though.

4.6 explorer motor,Water meth injection, V1 Vortech, 3.48 pully,BBK 78mm, Dirty Dog 9.5 converter 3500 stall, RobertP built trans, 8.8 rear with trac lock, 3.73 gears, BrainCoating manifolds, Dual 2.5" exhaust.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in