Just curious - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Just curious

any reason that no body runs a flowmaster 40 series on the t-birds or cougars. i was thinking of doing a mid mount 40 series with true dual all the way out and getting rid of all the cats. no emission laws

Just wondering what every one thought of the flowmasters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM
6th Gear Poster

People run them. Try searching.

Shipping out to basic training for the army on april 12th!

Bird is on serious down time
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

don't know where green town is but I've read on here over and over flow's rust like no ones Biz and leads to a rattle. But yeah peeps here run them.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

i hate people that have nothing to contribute but "try search". if i have posted something it is because i have had no luck with search. thank you to the people that are actually willing to help the people that have questions. but if you have nothing meaningful to contribute, please be quite.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:15 PM
6th Gear Poster

Ok, just start a new thread for every question you ever have, it probably hasn't been asked before and we do have unlimited space here on interwebs. there certainly wasn't a quicker way to find your answer.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpthefatty View Post
i hate people that have nothing to contribute but "try search". if i have posted something it is because i have had no luck with search. thank you to the people that are actually willing to help the people that have questions. but if you have nothing meaningful to contribute, please be quite.
I tried search.

Search: Key Word(s): flowmaster

Showing results 1 to 50 of 95
Search took 0.50 seconds.

No luck eh?

-Matt
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
I could feel bad for you, but I did a search for Flowmaster 40 and got 1506 results.

2011 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7L HEMI

2001 Volkswagen Beetle GLX 1.8T
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

did u read any of these 1506 results? you see because of this post i have found out that this may not be a good muffler for my application due to the fact that i live in ohio and they are known to rust out badly. i have done plenty of reading into the flowmaster systems. and i have yet to see anyone that has run a mid mount dido 40 series on the mn12 4.6l. so therefore a simple question was asked. if you dont like the questions that people ask, simply dont waste your time reading them. and certainly dont waste your time whining about what people asked.

thanx for the help splattered
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
13's or Mildly Broken

Living in an common rust area, whatever you get will rust at some point or another. It's just a fact of life.

My 94 LX is running 2.5" true dual, X pipe, then Flowmaster 40's in the rear.

-Melon

1994 Thunderbird SC 3.8L Supercharged
1999 Crown Victoria P71 4.6
2000 Explorer 5.0
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
6th Gear Poster

Melon, wouldn't your DOHC make that same exhaust sound completely different than on a SOHC car?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
did u read any of these 1506 results? you see because of this post i have found out that this may not be a good muffler for my application due to the fact that i live in ohio and they are known to rust out badly. i have done plenty of reading into the flowmaster systems. and i have yet to see anyone that has run a mid mount dido 40 series on the mn12 4.6l. so therefore a simple question was asked. if you dont like the questions that people ask, simply dont waste your time reading them. and certainly dont waste your time whining about what people asked.

thanx for the help splattered
You've been a member here for....six minutes now and you're the one whining that people were asking you to try search. I merely said there were a plethora of links available, and I do not specifically remember you asking about the rust belt, etc... that would have been more of an original question. I know that Matt on here runs that exact exhaust here just outside Chicago and probably would have been more than happy to enlighten you with more information; however, a great deal of people reply to the same thing over and over, leading to the 'go search' post occurring more and more often.

This site has ~10 years of information, not including what was on birdcats, MN-12 Performance, etc... you probably wont have a question that the answer isn't on this site...ever. Its just a matter of finding it.

2011 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7L HEMI

2001 Volkswagen Beetle GLX 1.8T
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 PM
6th Gear Poster

That ^^^ and your question was

Quote:
any reason that no body runs a flowmaster 40 series on the t-birds or cougars?
and well, as it turns out, they do. Look around. You're gonna get ostracized pretty quick with that attitude.

Seriously, there is an amazing amount of information on this site if you look for it. I came here with minimal wrench turning ability and just by searching performed all said mods in my signature with only starting one thread about how to bust a certain bolt loose.

Last edited by bob9646; 01-26-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: And another thing!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 04:31 AM
13's or Mildly Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESET View Post
Melon, wouldn't your DOHC make that same exhaust sound completely different than on a SOHC car?
Probably, but he didn't ask about SOHC and DOHC - just about running Flowmaster's.

-Melon

1994 Thunderbird SC 3.8L Supercharged
1999 Crown Victoria P71 4.6
2000 Explorer 5.0
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Living in an common rust area, whatever you get will rust at some point or another. It's just a fact of life.

-Melon
Borla's don't rust. They're stainless steel and come with a Million mile warranty.

Flowmaster also makes stainless products and warranties them for 10 years.

Just verify that what you're getting is in fact stainless and you should be fine.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in