exhaust options... Please help - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

exhaust options... Please help

Ok, so I've been pricing out true duals here in Florida and these people are nuts!! haha. The average price for true duals 2.5", cutting out the third cat and resonator, with two super 44 flowmasters and tips is running me around $600... So I been trying to price out single exhaust to see if I can ge this to work in stead. Here's what I'm thinking...

1) Have the shop cut the third cat and resonator and run a single 2.5" pipe to whichever location would be best to fit a single inlet 2.5" dual oulet 2.25" super 10 series flowmaster then run two 2.25" pipes from that to the back with some nice tips...

OR!!

2) Doing everything up top but with a single inlet 2.5" dual oulet 2.5" super 44 flowmaster...

I want to pronounce my presence and get some performance as well, but I'm having to do this on a budget... What are your opinions on running the single 2.5 dual 2.25 as opposed to the single 2.5 dual 2.5?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM
6th Gear Poster

budget and exhaust dont really work well together. i have built and help build several exhaust systems. i too will be putting a true dual exhaust on my cougar this spring/summer. in all honesty, $600 in not all that bad.

i would say to check this out. get the tubing kit from them and find out how much a shop wants to simply put that on for u. it will save you some in labor.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Ok I see... Thanks for the help I guess I'll start saving!! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:37 PM
6th Gear Poster

trust me if ur gunna do it, dont half a$$ it. u usually wont like the result.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

ok, and I know most everyone one here, based on the research I've done has installed the 40 series out back or maybe the super 44's, but has anyone trifled with the super 10's!? I know they are prolly LOUD azz mufflers, but I wanna piss old people off!! haha... plus it's a good ol' boy network here in the boonies so anything ford or chevy pretty much gets a pass on the laws!! haha...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

I was thinking bout this one...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...oducts_id=4306

It's got the 2.5" diam. we're looking for and they are compact enough to fit ANYWHERE!!... plus they're 14$ cheaper!! haha... BUDGET!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNKLHED View Post
Ok, so I've been pricing out true duals here in Florida and these people are nuts!! haha. The average price for true duals 2.5", cutting out the third cat and resonator, with two super 44 flowmasters and tips is running me around $600... So I been trying to price out single exhaust to see if I can ge this to work in stead. Here's what I'm thinking...

1) Have the shop cut the third cat and resonator and run a single 2.5" pipe to whichever location would be best to fit a single inlet 2.5" dual oulet 2.25" super 10 series flowmaster then run two 2.25" pipes from that to the back with some nice tips...

OR!!

2) Doing everything up top but with a single inlet 2.5" dual oulet 2.5" super 44 flowmaster...

I want to pronounce my presence and get some performance as well, but I'm having to do this on a budget... What are your opinions on running the single 2.5 dual 2.25 as opposed to the single 2.5 dual 2.5?

Go to this thread:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=118883

Don't go cheap!

93 5.0 Thunderbird LX - Suspension rebuilt - poly , Solid rubber mm's, Tokico Blues, SCPP 3.5" CAI, True Duals (Pypes Bullits MVR200RA, Magnaflow Resonators 14416), FRPP case & 3.73 gears, Dynatech MMC driveshaft, Walbro 255lph, 3G 130 amp Alt, MAC 1 5/8" Long Tubes, Tru Cool (28k), Cervini hood, LC-1, QH, '95 Cobra J4J1 PCM, 88mm VMP Slot Blade MAF, '97 TBird Electric Fan, PBR calipers, 24lb EV6 Bosch 4 Jet Injectors

[email protected] (engine/trans is stock)

To Be Installed: WRGearset (FRPP) AOD w/Art Carr VB (transbrake/electric OD_non-lockup), Ultimate Converter Concepts 9.5" 4100, Hurst V-Matic 2, Camshaft Innovations "Custom" cam & "TEA" prepped TW 190 FAC by Jay Allen, Holley Systemax II, 75mm TB, 275/50/15 MT D/R's,
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Yup yup I got ya man... gonna go with the mandrelbent... system and get the super 10's to cap it all off. The cats on the mandrel bent system are high-flow cats aren't they?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
2nd Gear Poster

For $600 you aren't getting mandrel bends either. I spent almost $300 for my 3" flowmaster kit to make my true duals. Worth the money but you need a good welder. Save your money, don't cheap out on it. I went though 4 different systems before I got it right for sound and performance. Good luck.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsc14 View Post
For $600 you aren't getting mandrel bends either. I spent almost $300 for my 3" flowmaster kit to make my true duals. Worth the money but you need a good welder. Save your money, don't cheap out on it. I went though 4 different systems before I got it right for sound and performance. Good luck.
Yeah! and I looked at the quote they gave me and FIRST! it was only for 2.25" piping instead of the 2.5" most you guys are getting... SECOND!! they were trying to charge me $154 a piece!! for two flowmaster 40 series... I can get super 10's from dicount auto for $75 a piece! I'm gonna do what was said earlier and piece it together with the manderelbendsystem... then just find someone to do the cutting and welding... Those ARE!! high flow cats on that system right!?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 PM
6th Gear Poster

yeah the cats are mangaflow high flow cats. it says it right in the description on the website.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

K... cool.... saving for them as we type!!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear Poster

I did Magnaflow cats on one system and then the new bullet style Magnaflow cats on the final system i did. The bullet style were very expensive but helped a lot in placement in the tight quarters under the car and help us place them further away from the transmission. The further away, the better to help keep heat down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in