great news :D - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Cool great news :D

there are phenomenal web sites like mandrel bent exhaust systems that make cheap exhaust systems for thunderbirds,cougars and allot of other cars heres the link it for the 89-97 models,have fun

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com...ird/Categories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Voice/Data Guru

Very old news

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Ordered mine on Tuesday. I think I can still fab it up for midmount.

~Jeff

*signed off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
5th Gear Poster

cheap? i think they are pretty nice actually. i plan on getting the full x-pipe to performance cats and tubing kit in 304 stainless steel hooked to a pair of 40 series delta flow flowmaster mufflers, since borla doesn't make there boomer series in 2.5" inlets. cant wait. not a bad way to spend 900 bucks. going to sound awesome

MAC CAI/02 STANG MAF/SCT CHIP TUNED BY LONNIE
EIBACH 1.5 LOWERING SPRINGS- BILSTEIN GAS SHOCKS
90 SUPERCOUPE SIDE SKIRTS/REAR
18x9-FRONT: 245 REAR: 275
PI intake/PI cams
355 trac lok
new tune for swapped parts (93 oct)

no longer the owner.... but its still my child its just released into the world....
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Why not consider Magnaflow mufflers? They make hundreds of different combinations of inlets and outlets, and they're comparable in sound to Borla, not to mention cheaper.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
5th Gear Poster

to be honest i didnt really know where to start with magnaflow. i mean i would prefer magnaflow because iv never been a fan of flowmasters but 1 i did like the sound of the flowmasters i mentioned and 2 my biggest concern was the actual pipes running from the manifolds to the muffs, and since those will not be flowmasters... which like i said i am glad there not, not a fan, i guess ill compromise on just using there mufflers since i did like the sound they made and come in the 2.5" inlet

PI intake/PI cams
355 trac lok

no longer the owner.... but its still my child its just released into the world....
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I just ordered my X pipe from them yesterday, hopfully it will be here soon. Ill get some pics of the install for everyone

Rob
2004 QSM Pontiac GTO 1 of 889 245,00 and counting
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChecken View Post
Very old news.
Indeed a . The original thread went to eight pages. Linky below ... read until your heart's content. There are a lot of good pictures in the linked thread too.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=118883

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
yep very... and the O2 bungs I'm sure still haven't been resolved. Someone needs to take pictures of the issue and give them exact measurement and placement for the new bungs to get them to work. They had an issue with the cats and solved it by going to the magnaflow spun cats. Maybe if someone took a car to them so they could change it there at the shop and update their design. I had no other fitment issues with the front half. Some people did but I think they got theirs from Ebay... maybe there is a reason it's on Ebay for a cheaper price :P Just saying.

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
5th Gear Poster

^^ agreed. ill be buying mine from them, hopefully i dont have any issues. depending on the price to have a shop do it i might be doing it and the less problems the better

PI intake/PI cams
355 trac lok

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 AM
2nd Gear Poster

OK so...

Ive done A BUNCH of research on the whole exhaust thing and have a question on loudness and realisticness of the idea I have now for my exhaust...

I'm buying the front section, catless for my 96 and was wondering too if the O2 sensor locations have been fixed yet on the kit, but anywho I know the front section stops shortly after the 'X' and I want to weld a set of Dynomax Race Bullets on the kit with prolly a set of 45 deg elbows angled down and out towards the side of the car..

Does this sound like a viable setup or will I run into clearance issue? I know having the exhaust output under the car increases the risk of exhaust poisoning but from looking at pics my elbows should end right under the rear passenger seats so exhaust should clear the cab right? Last question.. How loud you think this will be?... running catless, 2.5" piping and race bullets!?!

Sorry for hacking but didnt want to clutter up another post with another "beating a dead horse" exhaust question! haha
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNKLHED View Post
Ive done A BUNCH of research on the whole exhaust thing and have a question on loudness and realisticness of the idea I have now for my exhaust...

I'm buying the front section, catless for my 96 and was wondering too if the O2 sensor locations have been fixed yet on the kit, but anywho I know the front section stops shortly after the 'X' and I want to weld a set of Dynomax Race Bullets on the kit with prolly a set of 45 deg elbows angled down and out towards the side of the car..

Does this sound like a viable setup or will I run into clearance issue? I know having the exhaust output under the car increases the risk of exhaust poisoning but from looking at pics my elbows should end right under the rear passenger seats so exhaust should clear the cab right? Last question.. How loud you think this will be?... running catless, 2.5" piping and race bullets!?!

Sorry for hacking but didnt want to clutter up another post with another "beating a dead horse" exhaust question! haha
They will make you up a custom piece if you ask, Im getting mine this week hopefully, supposedly they fixed the o2 locations, I asked them not to put the rear o2 bungs in since im running mil eliminators and to put a piece in to "fill in" where the cats would be. the front half of the system looks like the the pipes come together somewhere after the tranny, so you could run some 45's and have them come out right before the rear wheel well. I dont see any major problem with the setup you want to do, it will lound (around 3000 my car sets off car alarms), and the drone around 1800-2200rpm from the engine will probably get on your nerves eventually, trust me I know

Hope this helps

Rob
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:04 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Quote:

Does this sound like a viable setup or will I run into clearance issue? I know having the exhaust output under the car increases the risk of exhaust poisoning but from looking at pics my elbows should end right under the rear passenger seats so exhaust should clear the cab right?

From my experience, most places will make you get the exhaust to at least the perimeter of the body so exhaust gases clear the vehicle. On the passenger side you'll run issues with the hot exhaust pipe near the fuel lines as well.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTBird93 View Post
From my experience, most places will make you get the exhaust to at least the perimeter of the body so exhaust gases clear the vehicle. On the passenger side you'll run issues with the hot exhaust pipe near the fuel lines as well.
Yeah, I have a place thatll do what I want! bwahahaha!! but I guess I should talk to the pipe place and see what they say... the elbows not gonna clear the side of the car.. I want a 'hidden' exhaust or best i can amyway so I want the elbows to only be like 8" long or just leave the bullets open on the end...
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Kind of slapped together

So, let me get this straight.

You want to dump hot exhaust fumes to right in front of a plastic gas tank?

Or point them out by plastic gas lines?

I will second the "NOT the brightest idea!" motion - there's a REASON why tail pipes, you know, clear the car.

RwP
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
So, let me get this straight.

You want to dump hot exhaust fumes to right in front of a plastic gas tank?

Or point them out by plastic gas lines?

I will second the "NOT the brightest idea!" motion - there's a REASON why tail pipes, you know, clear the car.

RwP
I understand what youre saying but im not asking for your 'brightest idea comments' Im simply asking if theres a way to do MY setup safely or if Ill just have to spend the extra to stuff all that shizz in the rear!?
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

My exhaust shop will do what I want too...but we have state inspections and as lenient as they are for me, they still wouldn't let that fly.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Well I guess tats the wonderment of living in florida with all these import ricer douches! I've been driving for a decade now and never heard of inspections here..
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
PostSlut

the gas lines are not plastic.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:38 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Quote:
Well I guess tats the wonderment of living in florida with all these import ricer douches! I've been driving for a decade now and never heard of inspections here..
Ok then, do it. When you start getting light-headed from exhaust fumes, post it so I can say I told you so.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Im sure some people dont mind driving a bit light headed hahaha

Rob
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Kind of slapped together

Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
the gas lines are not plastic.
*shrug*

Nylon on the Cougar.

Tank is STILL a plastic, not steel.

RwP
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Kind of slapped together

Quote:
I understand what youre saying but im not asking for your 'brightest idea comments' Im simply asking if theres a way to do MY setup safely or if Ill just have to spend the extra to stuff all that shizz in the rear!?
Let's recoup.

You want to dump the hot exhaust out by the transmission and in front of the plastic gas tank.

Safe? I don't think so - I'd either have it exit in front of the rear tires, or out the back (and out the back is my preference personally.)

But eh. What do I know? I just use a soldering iron at WAY below combustion temps to work plastic ...

(And nylon for the sticklers)

RwP
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

It seems that he wants to run them out in front of the rear tires, he just doesnt want someone to see his exhaust, yeah there fuel lines on the passenger side there but its not like hes running a set of flame throwers, I dont think the exhaust gets that hot that far down

Rob
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Stick your hand on it and find out after cruising for an hour...

~Jeff

*signed off
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTBird93 View Post
Stick your hand on it and find out after cruising for an hour...
My hands must be very callused (spell check), it never bugged me when I had to take my exhuast off on the side of the road with the car running in the middle of January. The welds broke on the exhaust right around the area he wants to run his out, I ran it like that for months with no problems, then again I really didnt care what happened to the car after that night from hell

Rob
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
I have accidently got my hand up against my rear mount borlas once. Burned the crap out of my hand haha. This was after cruising around town in stop and go.

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfk13 View Post
It seems that he wants to run them out in front of the rear tires, he just doesnt want someone to see his exhaust, yeah there fuel lines on the passenger side there but its not like hes running a set of flame throwers, I dont think the exhaust gets that hot that far down
this one got it!! I wanna run it as close to the side as I can but just dont want to broadcast that something is donre to the car right off bat.. I still want that 'wow' factor we all want when we first install our systems!... I mean I figure its dumb to think but the back half of the mandrel bent exhaust runs within inches alongside the gas tank already!! I just wanted to open the exhaust to the air there instead of all the way in the back and save all the turns.. which in turn restrict the exhaust... dunno.. I'm in the process of rethinking it cuz I honestly didnt realize the gas tank extended that far forward... i thought it was the footwells for the passengers! and as long as they dont die! haha I could care less about the temp of their feet! hehe
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
PostSlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
*shrug*

Nylon on the Cougar.

Tank is STILL a plastic, not steel.

RwP
I'm pretty sure the black sleeve on the line is not to carry the fuel.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Quote:
this one got it!! I wanna run it as close to the side as I can but just dont want to broadcast that something is donre to the car right off bat.
You're talking about a side-exit setup with Dynomax race mufflers. People are gonna hear you long before they get a chance to see your exhaust.

~Jeff

*signed off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in