mustang headers? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 94fastbird
mustang headers?

i have some 88 5.0 mustang headers, and my friend wants to know if they would work on his 5.0 95 mustang, they are a shortie design. the only thing different i see is these dont have a egr fitting on them. but i was wondering if they would be a bolt on install. i forgot to mention they are aftermarket.

Current Mods:
balanced & blueprinted block. by my dad & I @ (The Engine Shop INC.) i'm running manley forged i beam rods, forged manely .020 16cc dish pistons, forged 8 bolt crankshaft thats been polished, corba high volume oil pump, block has been align bored & decked. ported and polished early production heads, heads have been milled, 3 angle valve grind, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched intake, dual inlet dual outlet dynomax turbo muffler underseat with 3inch turndowns. transmission heavy duty clutches, b&m shift kit, frrp t lock with 373.
Future Mods:
pi swap with some comp cams and the new trickflow intake, high stall torque converter and mark 8 drive shaft, kooks 3/4 lenth headers and xcal2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 06:47 PM
4th Gear Poster

I once had BBK long tube headers made for a Fox in my 95 GT. Like you say, only diff was the EGR. They fit perfectly. Don't know about shorties but I don't see why not.

Jason
- '97 Mark VIII LSC 'Dark Navy Blue'
- '94 Thunderbird LX 4.6
Previously...
- '98 Cobra
- '95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
- '95 Buick Roadmaster LT1 wagon
- '95 Mustang GT
- '95 Mustang GT-S
- '89 Mustang LX 5.0 notch
- '92 Chevy Cavalier Z24
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 94fastbird
he was wanting to get long tubes but didnt know if they would fit cause its an auto. but i think these shorties will work, i'm going to be deleting the egr on the car anyways. the whole deal with this is im going to work on his car, im building a set of cast iron 94 5.0 heads .5 mm valves port and polish the heads and im goin to throw a cam in for him. i told him hes going to need a set of headers with the heads being gone through and a cam in it. and what i get out of the deal is a 88 mustang hatch body is all redone in primer and interior is all redone to. the only down fall is no motor and transmission come with car, but i have motors around that i can build ill probably build a 289 or 302 carbed with a c4 behind it.

Current Mods:
balanced & blueprinted block. by my dad & I @ (The Engine Shop INC.) i'm running manley forged i beam rods, forged manely .020 16cc dish pistons, forged 8 bolt crankshaft thats been polished, corba high volume oil pump, block has been align bored & decked. ported and polished early production heads, heads have been milled, 3 angle valve grind, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched intake, dual inlet dual outlet dynomax turbo muffler underseat with 3inch turndowns. transmission heavy duty clutches, b&m shift kit, frrp t lock with 373.
Future Mods:
pi swap with some comp cams and the new trickflow intake, high stall torque converter and mark 8 drive shaft, kooks 3/4 lenth headers and xcal2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
PostWhore

They will work just fine but you will need to weld a bung on to run the EGR. Without a tune, eliminating the EGR on a 94-95 stangs tends to cause problems.

pics of my car
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.p...ght=train+yard

Updated 10/14/11
3800 Dirty Dog installed and drag radials
13.0 @ 106.5 1.79 60ft

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in