A<bad>Apple - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Wink A<bad>Apple

I finally got some extra cash so I decided to consider upgrading my exhaust. There's a place in town which advertises complete dual exhaust systems starting at $250. I popped in mostly to ask if that included new cats and to test his knowledge a bit, (somehow I figured he would've given me crap about clearance).

He seemed to have an attitude the moment he lumbered into the waiting room. After I told him what I drive he says that I'd have to have my eec re-tuned or it wouldn't idle and I'd have to go to Dallas for that. He wouldn't listen to what I said when I mentioned that I know of many other MN-12 owners who have done this without ever mentioning needing a tune. He would only repeat what he already said so I told him if he didn't want to do it I'd take my business elsewhere.

I almost wanted to ask him why he didn't think I already had a tuner but then again he must not know crap if he doesn't know about the "emailed tunes".

I do recall perhaps reading message threads where people did have idle issues after upgrading their exhaust but I've read even more that didn't mention any issues.

Do I need to spend the next 2 hours reading message threads comparing those topics that do mention needing a tune to those that don't or can I just assume that he's completely ignorant?

This is the shop's website. http://www.proexhaust.com/index.php

-Randy-

Last edited by V8ThunderCat; 07-15-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Take it else where. $250 for a full custom exhaust sounds really cheap. I was quoted over $500 for dual exhaust with just high flow cats.

I had a similar problem with a shop I went to last Saturday. Had an exhaust leak at the end of the manifolds from my dual exhaust and I went in to get them to adjust it so it would fit correctly. The guy said it cost me about $50 bucks. Well they put it on the lift and about a minute later I see it coming back down, the guy comes in and says we can't work on it cause its supposed to have 4 converters on it... I told him it had 3 NOT 4? And it's passed emissions twice now and is perfectly legal. Still said he wouldn't touch it because he could get fined $250... What a load of crap. Who's gonna fine him? I just took it as he just didnt want to do it so I took it to a different shop and they fixed it in no time, charged me $30 bucks.

-Patrick
[email protected] on used street tires
See profile for full list of mods

Pics here.. http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=129479
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 AM
PostWhore

See Patrick, This why my car is registered in Dickson Co. Not Davidson Co. Lol.

Jason H.
Mods:
Exterior- Paint, grill, trim, SHO wheels
Power train- 4.6 cat back w/ muffler delete 2"I.D. tips , Taylor Pro Series plug wires, intake silencer delete

Photographs http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/jh...?sort=4&page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I'm surprised he didn't even try to pitch to me any other kind of upgrade to the exhaust. I'd be happy just to replace my gutted cats with high flow cats and the mufflers with any kind of performance muffler until I get the grand to do it properly.

I keep forgetting about the ol' third cat because mine had been cut off and replaced with a Y right after I bought it. I'm sure I'll get even more flak as I shop around some more but hopefully I'll find a shop with some dang common sense.

-Randy-
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to LoadedButane Send a message via Yahoo to LoadedButane
You must have tried that shop on Ambler?

The Muffler Shoppe on treadaway is where gearheads around here seem to go.

edit- nevermind saw where you posted the link to them. Try the Muffler Shoppe. Its just south of S11th on the east side of treadaway.

Geoff
1995 Mercury Cougar
~Mark VIII Trans with jmod + converter, 255lph fuel pump
~heads, cams, and intake in the distant future or when I break something
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Oh, okay cool! I found out that the owner of the Aapple muffler shop has too much money and is a prick because he has enough money to be one.

-Randy-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in