borla cat-back pics and info - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

borla cat-back pics and info

I'm interested in the borla cat-back for our cars, but I can't seem to find any pics or specs anywhere. Evey dealer shows a pic that 'actual product may differ' Anybody have these? I'd like to know the diameters, as well as if the Y is before or after the differential. I'd also like to see a pic of the intercooled tips on the car before buying. thanks.

Eibach 1.5" Lower Springs, Koni Adjustable Shocks, SCP IRS Brace, SCP Lower Engine Cradle Brace, Mark VIII LCAs
Chuck's Poly Motor Mounts, 13" PBR Front and Cobra rear brakes, 245-45-18 ADR Kasai Wheels, RichardM Intake Tube
Super Coupe leather seats and console, Pioneer Head, Audison Amps, Boston SL Components, 10" Boston G5 subs, Reverse Glow EL Gauges, Super Coupe Ground Effects, '96 Hood and Headlights, Custom paint: Tungsten Silver, PI Intake, 4000 stall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:48 PM

I'm assuming its going to be very close to the dynomax catback setup. Personally for $800 you can make your own for way way less. Just throwing that out there for ya
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:58 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Look under your car, and imagine a similar path with less extreme bends and aluminum pipe.
Honestly, just buy the borla mufflers on Ebay, and have a local exhaust shop do your pipes.
It cost me....... $280 out the door with running true duals 2.25" with borla mufflers (which I supplied) and tips (shop supplied), all custom bends.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Well, money isn't really a problem, and the Borla is all stainless unlike the other kits, and I can't seem to find a good local shop with a mandrel machine. All I'm asking for here is some info I can't find on other sites (including the manufacturer's and dealer's.)

Eibach 1.5" Lower Springs, Koni Adjustable Shocks, SCP IRS Brace, SCP Lower Engine Cradle Brace, Mark VIII LCAs
Chuck's Poly Motor Mounts, 13" PBR Front and Cobra rear brakes, 245-45-18 ADR Kasai Wheels, RichardM Intake Tube
Super Coupe leather seats and console, Pioneer Head, Audison Amps, Boston SL Components, 10" Boston G5 subs, Reverse Glow EL Gauges, Super Coupe Ground Effects, '96 Hood and Headlights, Custom paint: Tungsten Silver, PI Intake, 4000 stall
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:58 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Well if you want mandrel bent and stainless, get a hold of an ART exhaust system.
But if you have a stock motor, 2.25" true duals is all you will ever need.
Why Stainless? Your car will last longer than the aluminized (standard) piping.
Plus, if you ever want to change it...do you really want to invest $1500 into an exhaust system using stainless? You could buy a DOHC motor and install it for that price.

I just don't want you to waste any money.
If you plan on lots of mods, then get 2.5" compression bent, should flow the same or a little better than 2.25" mandrel.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in