5.0 Exhaust Question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Gcline
5.0 Exhaust Question

Well, i was looking into exhaust, and since every exhaust shop in the area around here is being gay and wont remove the 3rd cat. So instead im just going to have my resonator removed. Now how much of a sound difference will this make? I dont want anything too loud, but if its going to give it a more of a rumble, that will be awesome.

1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 Sport 4.6L
P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
at least Ford can pay their bills and not go on welfare like GM and Chrysler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Jedi Master

you won't really notice it with a stock exhaust, if you change the mufflers i personally would recommend dynomax or borla, they have a nice mellow rumble to them...i currently have flowmaster and its pretty friggen loud but i wouldn't recommend them to anybody....

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 AM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Are you trying to get the entire exhaust done? Or just removing the third cat and res?

What I did was cut off the entire exhaust right after the first 2 cats myself with a hack saw from home depot. Then drove up to an exhaust shop and asked them to add true duals with a DI/DO all the way back. And they actually did it!

This was after going to over 10 places and having them all tell me they won't remove the third cat.

So the way I see it, they WILL NOT remove any cats. But if it is already gone, they don't care!

There are some places that will actually remove them, but that is hard to find.

Or you can take the plates off and get it trailered/towed up there and tell them the car is "off road". Then they will do it.

BTW, this was in Cleveand, Ohio!

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
What I did was cut off the entire exhaust right after the first 2 cats myself with a hack saw from home depot. Then drove up to an exhaust shop and asked them to add true duals with a DI/DO all the way back. And they actually did it!
I will have to remember that trick but makes sense somewhat

93 LX: 89 SC rear sway, Tokico drop kit, JBA headers,ported and polished Edle Brock intake,ported e7's, E303 cam, Cold air intake,75mm TB,03 Lmaf, TwEECed T4M0, smog pump & ac delete, under drive pulleys, msd 6a, 1.7 ratio roller rockers, electric fan, 3.27 trac lok, 5spd, aluminum drive shaft, digital cluster converted to analog and it works!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in