Flowmaster or Dynomax - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Flowmaster or Dynomax

Hello All,

Looking for advice and opinions. Is this a good setup?

I am going to replace my cats with a Magnaflow Direct fit Converter kit(part # MPE 23343) and I want to replace the muffler system with either a Flowmaster(part# 17111) or a Dynomax(part# wlk-17379); which will muffler system will give me a deeper/stronger tone?

All the parts are on Summit Racing and seem to have the best price but the shipping is a killer....any suggestions on where the best deal is with shipping.

Thanks in advance for your input.

MyTBird 95 4.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

go to your local napa and order the dynomax, it will save you the shipping

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

do a search, this has been discussed mulitple times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Poster

flowmaster is deeper imo. I had a dynomax system on my 89 trans am gta with no cats and I was not impressed at all with it. I have the flowmaster force 2 on my 91 5.0 bird now with no cats and I am pleased with the sound. Hope this helps you out.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Dont waste your money on either one. You can have a setup very similar to that built probably at the same price. You wont get any sounds difference from those specific turbo mufflers in that kit. Since your getting cats installed might as well have him finish the rest of it and if you dont want your mufflers rusting out in 2 years stay away from flowmaster

-Matt-
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

i've had my flows on for about 2.5yrs and they arent rusted out. where you live is going to determine how long any exhaust system lasts. anyway, if your looking for that huge improvent and its going to sound like a mustang, your not going to get it from a cat-back system. the flowmaster system does give it a nice little rumble though.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
i've had my flows on for about 2.5yrs and they arent rusted out. where you live is going to determine how long any exhaust system lasts. anyway, if your looking for that huge improvent and its going to sound like a mustang, your not going to get it from a cat-back system. the flowmaster system does give it a nice little rumble though.
Exactly what i meant. He lives in Jersey and gets snow. Those things will be rusted out alot sooner than living in the south, also if you dont like interior drone stay away from flowmaster youll get alot of that.

-matt-
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Poster

I live in pa and my flowmasters which have been on for several years are not rusted out either. It is hard to give someone advise on exhaust sounds because everyone has different opinions on what mufflers they like. Borla and magnaflow are also very good exhaust. Do some research and listen to some of the sound files that are on alot of the exhaust web pages and make your decision from there.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 07:53 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to shaggy433 Send a message via MSN to shaggy433 Send a message via Yahoo to shaggy433
hey MYTBIRD just some info for you.....

I just bought that magnaflow cat system (MPE 23343) for $264.99 and got it shipped for free from AJUSA.com summit is gonna KILL you on the shipping the box is about the same size if not bigger than what a Mountain Bike would come in. they are the same price as summit but you just get free shipping!! i got that and a magnaflow di/do for $350

94 XR7 One of 71,026
Magnaflow Cats, Magnaflow DI/DO 2 1/4"true duals with 3 1/2" stainless tips...reverse glow gauges, 7 color a-pillar gauges, 20% tint, JVC HD deck, 10" Kicker square, 400rms mono Kicker amp.
And it can be seen here
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey Shaggy433...
thanks for the tip on AJUSA.com, I just ordered the MPE 23343. ?, would you know the part number for the Magnaflow replacement mid muffler?

thanks again, MYTBird "mighty bird"
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:57 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to crash00527
dont forget guys ... summit price matches!! ive done it a millon times. they are great at it. i got cats for my camaro. got charged for the freight. when i got the package, i was like ....whaaaaat. small box lightweight. i called summit and they refunded me the shipping.

1995 40th. Ann. Supercoupe
1 of 5,167
Black ~ AOD ~ Moonroof ~ 82K
SCCOA Member #3093
----------------------------------------------
CPL/0861/0844 USMC
Forward Observer/Fire Direction Center
Click below for Current PICS and MODS.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2466286
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 11:27 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Marl Send a message via Yahoo to Marl
I know that I've had my Flomaster Delta flow 40's on my truck for about 5 years now and they are not even surfaced rusted. I live in central Indiana and drive it year round.

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl
I know that I've had my Flomaster Delta flow 40's on my truck for about 5 years now and they are not even surfaced rusted. I live in central Indiana and drive it year round.

Well 3 years for me and still going on my current car...
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I have the flowmaster set up and really had to take a good look it to figure if I wanted to take it off the car before I gave it to my insurance company. (totalled)
(decided to keep the car for parts anyway)

The only places I saw rust were at the joints, and one of the tailpipes where it rubbed my neighbors driveway.
It's been on the car for over 5 years. For the price I would give it a thumbs up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in