New Exhaust! Pics! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

New Exhaust! Pics!

Got this done about 2 months ago. True dual 2 1/4 setup. Magnaflow DIDO and 3" tips. Quiet at idle. Madness at half and WOT... very muscular sounding. I get complemented everywhere.

The Jersey Shore is a stereotype, we're not all morons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:20 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to shaggy433 Send a message via MSN to shaggy433 Send a message via Yahoo to shaggy433
congrats i just got the same setup put on about an hour ago and oh my god what a difference it makes!! My car feels like new!! Now i just hope that my gas mileage goes up to where it should be not 8.7mpg....man i knew that the mid mount magnaflow was gonna sound good but i didnt know it would sound THAT good!

94 XR7 One of 71,026
Magnaflow Cats, Magnaflow DI/DO 2 1/4"true duals with 3 1/2" stainless tips...reverse glow gauges, 7 color a-pillar gauges, 20% tint, JVC HD deck, 10" Kicker square, 400rms mono Kicker amp.
And it can be seen here
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Watch that MPG figure. While a free flowing exhaust should make your engine get better mileage, the fact is that you enjoy listening to it so much that you tend to use a little more right foot than you used to.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM
leet sauce

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 05:55 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Marl Send a message via Yahoo to Marl
Man that is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. Is that a magnaflow kit or did you buy the pieces and put it together yourself. It looks very nice. The mufflers are removed on mine. It was like that when my brother first bought it. It's still got all 3 cats and the resonator also. It's doesn't sound too bad. But the weld has rusted and broken were the straight pipe on the left side is/was welded to the stock system.

Marl

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!

Last edited by Marl; 03-14-2006 at 06:02 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

I knew a guy at an exhaust shop that custom bent pipe for me. I just brought the muffler and tips.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:24 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I know that's the oval magnaflow, but you don't happen to remember the part # to it do you?

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Muffler #14386

Magnaflow site

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 04:52 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Cool thanks man. I know that most of the mufflers were the same. The reason I requested the part # was to get the correct size that would fit. So now all I need is to find someone that lives reasonably close to Indianapolis that I can drive to and see how they sound in real life.

Marl

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
What kind of tips are they? Stainless Steel? Did you have it welded with hangers?

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:10 PM

I think those tips are magnaflows 45 deg slash cut tips

-Matt-
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:31 PM

exhaust

Hey buddy, im fron Richmond, illinois not to far from lake geneva, anyways, was tht muffler put in place of a converter, just wonder, casue i know right off the manifolds theres 2 converters than a huge converter a lil ways down,
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear Poster

got any sound clips yet...Would love to hear it!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 07:50 AM

VERY nice setup... the people who did the job care about their work, it's clean me likes...

Mine is at the muffler shop right now lol I hate leaving my car behind...
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Those are the stainless tips and yes they are welded to the hangers. The 3rd converter was hacked off. It was shot anyway. It's all welded in so tight that I can do pull-ups off of it and it doesn't move.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSleeper
Those are the stainless tips and yes they are welded to the hangers. The 3rd converter was hacked off. It was shot anyway. It's all welded in so tight that I can do pull-ups off of it and it doesn't move.
Very nice

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 05:00 PM

pull-ups huh? Must not weigh as much as I do. Looks great though, I'm getting the same thing done when Darrin is done putting in my new tranny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in