H or X... again... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

H or X... again...

Hi, i've been on the board for about a good half an hour searching around for some answers. But i'm looking for some more solid opinions and personal expriences. Now from my personal experience x-pipes tend to be a little more raspy and crackly, while h pipes seems to be more throaty and deeper. However, i have no experience with how birds sound with a h or a x. So i would like to know what are the different benefits from an X or an H on a 4.6 bird. Also... i have true dual exhaust from the downtubes (2 1/4") and i have recently put on some exhaust cut outs (flange type) towards the rear of the car, just after the diff pumpkin. Obviously with this it has made the car MUCH louder and also very crackly and poppy. In my opinion i like V8's to be raspy, almost sound like a ricer but much deeper. I like this.... However, running no mufflers has made the exhaust ridiculously raspy, and i would like to make this deeper and have more tone, without quieting the exhaust down considerably... Anyone with personal experience, can you please help? Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:41 PM

Well i can say with the setup i have now it sounds good not to raspy. I have a DI/DO magnaflow muffler midmounted, When i bought my tbird it had an H-pipe with dynomax mufflers in the rear and was somewhat raspy to so i think it depends on the setup of the muffler or mufflers and your personal preference. I personally luv my new setup and probably wouldnt go back to an h-pipe, but thats me. Good luck

-Matt-
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Ok... well i currently am running no mufflers, just dumping from the 2 1/4 pipes at the diff pumpkin... So yeh... I guess i'm in a bit of a different situation... ahh decisions decisions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
PostWhore

maybe some nice long glasspcaks would help deepen the tone? heard the 18" ones make it raspy, but the like 24" and longer make it a deeper tone. i dunno for $20 a pack, id try it

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 11:38 AM
PostWhore

well on the topic of X's and H's what ones balances out the exhaust better? i would think an X does cuz the X pipes run more parallel to the dual exhaust pipes that having the H pipe perpendicular to them.

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in