Which Mid Mount Muffler - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Which Mid Mount Muffler

I am installing a Magnaflow Y Pipe Highflow Converter Direct fit assembly and want to remove the resonator and replace with a Magnaflow Mid Muffler and go straight pipes to the back. I will be keeping the single pipe from the muffler and seperating the pipes in the back as the original set up(not going to true duals at this time).

WHICH MAGNAFLOW SI/SO MUFFLER SHOULD I GET???

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
I suggest just deleteing the resonator all together with a pice of straight pipe.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to shaggy433 Send a message via MSN to shaggy433 Send a message via Yahoo to shaggy433
why not just spend the money now and get true duals? if your gonna spend the money to get a new Si/so muffler and have it installed then later spend the same amount of money to get a di/do muffler and true duals it just seems like you would be wasting $$$ and car down time. just my .02

94 XR7 One of 71,026
Magnaflow Cats, Magnaflow DI/DO 2 1/4"true duals with 3 1/2" stainless tips...reverse glow gauges, 7 color a-pillar gauges, 20% tint, JVC HD deck, 10" Kicker square, 400rms mono Kicker amp.
And it can be seen here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:45 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to JL2K7388
i agree with shaggy i mean going the y pipe route on either side of a si/so muffler is almost there with the true duals with a little bit more cash maybe 100-200 dollars you could get the true duals, thats the best route, i went with it and dont regret it

96 LX 3.8

Custom air intake, 9" K&N Cone, ASP underdrive pulleys, True Duals with DI/DO midmounted Magnaflow, ported upper and lower intakes, ported TB...and more to come

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385772

-Johnny-
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Yeah! Your right guys.....what was I thinking. Will just have to wait a little longer for the dough.

Is anyone in New Jersey that can recommend a great exhaust shop for the project?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
4th Gear Poster

what part of nj cuz if ur near nyc there are some good places

96 LX 3.8

Custom air intake, 9" K&N Cone, ASP underdrive pulleys, True Duals with DI/DO midmounted Magnaflow, ported upper and lower intakes, ported TB...and more to come

-Johnny-
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

i am near the bridge.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
True duals will drone terribly in most cases.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
4th Gear Poster

I have true duals and it doesnt bother me much i love the sound but anyways if youre near the city theres this place that comes recomended where I went, called muffler city plus in the bronx

96 LX 3.8

-Johnny-
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 AM

I haven't had any droning with my dual exhaust. It's actually really quiet inside and louder out. Don't go to a big name shop. They'll rape you on the price. Most privately owned shops do a good job for alot less.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 09:33 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTBIRD
I am installing a Magnaflow Y Pipe Highflow Converter Direct fit assembly and want to remove the resonator and replace with a Magnaflow Mid Muffler and go straight pipes to the back. I will be keeping the single pipe from the muffler and seperating the pipes in the back as the original set up(not going to true duals at this time).

WHICH MAGNAFLOW SI/SO MUFFLER SHOULD I GET???

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Leave it as is, the resonator in the Magnaflow cat system is already a nice high flow Y system. The only way to gain on it is to use a DI/SO with a larger rear pipe and use a rear catback with a larger diameter piping and even then many people here feel there is still little to no gain (track times staying the same with the aftermarket catback systems for instance).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in