TCCoA Forums banner

JBA Header availability

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bradone 
#1 ·
Hello All,
After reading Lonnie's post about JBA contacting him to see if he wanted to purchase the rest of their 5.0 MN12 inventory I figured it was time to ...t or get off the pot. With only two choices, Mac (thru SCP) or JBA, unless I wanted to make some major (for me) modifications, I had better decide. I found 2 sites that carried the JBA shorty in Stainless for $464.97. I chose SuperExhaust Warehouse and ordered on July 11th:

Order ID: 148517
Part Number Product Description Qty Unit Price Price
JBA 1645S Item: Stainless Steel Headers Tube Size 1-1/2"
Fits: 1 $464.97 $ 464.97
Sub Total $ 464.97
CA Sales Tax $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Total $464.97

Customer Comments

Date Ordered: 2006-07-11 19:50:46
Shipping Method: Ground Delivery

Note the part # and the date. I called them last Friday after no shipment had been completed after 4 days. I inquired if there were availability issues. After a roundabout answer (unacceptable) was given I requested to cancel my order as Summit claimed to have stock for $25 more and I wanted to be sure and get them if they truly are going out of production. I was then placed on the phone with a manager who told me there was availability for the ceramic coat but they were still hoping to locate a set of standard Stainless 1645s. I saw no reason for coating on a Stainless header nor did I want to have to pay for it in case the headers could not be found so I pressed the issue of cancellation. I was asked if in the idea of good business relations would I accept the upgrade at no additional charge if SuperExhaust Warehouse could not fill my order as accepted. I agreed as long as the shipment was completed within the next week. Here is the shipment confirmation:

Customer ID: 1007998

Order ID: 148517

Current Status: SHIPPED
Order Update: Your order has shipped! Thank you for shopping with SuperExhaust Warehouse!

Part Number Product Description Qty Unit Price Price
JBA 1645SJS Item: CAT4WARD HEADERS
Fits: 1 $464.97 $464.97
Sub Total $464.97
CA Sales Tax $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Total $464.97

Customer Comments

Date Ordered: 2006-07-11 19:50:46
Shipping Method: FedEx Home

This was received today.

I am impressed with this companies follow thru though I did have to make some noise. Their price on these headers $631.97.

This experience does re-enforce Lonnie's contact from JBA. It appears if you want a choice of 2 products you better make it now!

Brad

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well...

When I contacted JBA I was told that the only headers that they had left were the 1645sjs. Not the 1645s that you seem to have purchased. I was also told that they only had ONE set left. Honestly I think that is total BS, and they may have just been trying to get me to bite cuz they want to get rid of them.

When I called around town(s) in Canada and the USA, I was looking at $880CAN or $770US for the sjs.

If someone (Lonnie?) is scooping up the last of these headers, are they gonna be a deal or at a premium? Consider this... NO WARRANTY. What would JBA replace them with if there was any issue? That is why JBA has some clearance items listed on there site for FINAL SALE, that carry no warranty. Items that were $680US that are now $200.

I asked JBA if they were disco'ing the headers, why not put THE LAST ONE THEY HAD at clearance pricing. I think they know a few of us are clammering for these headers, but will not fork out the prices they want.

Bloody sharks... and it has left a bad taste in my mouth about JBA.

I have also got some possitive feedback about the MAC's more recently. I have been speaking with KAREN at MAC and they sell their 91-93 5.0L Shorties for $224.50 and (in house?) ceramic coating for and extra $110.

For the price, and difference and in actual (claimed) HP and performance gains, JBA CAN BITE ME!

My two cents (Canadian$).

#4 ·
cloud2or3 said:
When I contacted JBA I was told that the only headers that they had left were the 1645sjs. Not the 1645s that you seem to have purchased. I was also told that they only had ONE set left. Honestly I think that is total BS, and they may have just been trying to get me to bite cuz they want to get rid of them.

My point was, I am receiving 1645sjs from SuperExhaust Warehouse for the same price as the 1645s. If they don't change their website you may be able to do the samething. Just have to add noise. 2nd point, our choices are growing smaller. 3rd point for me is, I would rather have a flange plate mount header. Choices suck for this car. Glad I moved when I did.

Brad

ps... maybe I just got that set!

#5 ·
cloud2or3 said:

When I called around town(s) in Canada and the USA, I was looking at $880CAN or $770US for the sjs.

If someone (Lonnie?) is scooping up the last of these headers, are they gonna be a deal or at a premium? Consider this... NO WARRANTY. What would JBA replace them with if there was any issue? That is why JBA has some clearance items listed on there site for FINAL SALE, that carry no warranty. Items that were $680US that are now $200.

I asked JBA if they were disco'ing the headers, why not put THE LAST ONE THEY HAD at clearance pricing. I think they know a few of us are clammering for these headers, but will not fork out the prices they want.

Bloody sharks... and it has left a bad taste in my mouth about JBA.

I have also got some possitive feedback about the MAC's more recently. I have been speaking with KAREN at MAC and they sell their 91-93 5.0L Shorties for $224.50 and (in house?) ceramic coating for and extra $110.

For the price, and difference and in actual (claimed) HP and performance gains, JBA CAN BITE ME!

My two cents (Canadian$).
I received the headers from SuperExhaust Warehouse as promised. 1645SJS for $464.00. Welds are clean, coating looks nice. I don't know if they have taken them off their site. Remember, I ordered the 1645S and the 1645SJS were substituted to honor the accepted offer after a week. If so you are down to one choice new. Sucks but..

Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.