Cheap source for Magnaflow DI/DO muffler - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Cheap source for Magnaflow DI/DO muffler

Hello All,

If you are looking for the Magnaflow in 2.5" Dual In/Dual Out, PerformancePeddler.com is a great source. You will need the part # of the muffler you want. Summit is a great place to research different mufflers on a point and click system for different setups you may be thinking about. All facts are not posted, such as this particular muffler has an internal TruX pipe which saves you having to put one on (and pay for it). I should add that this muffler is polished Stainless Steel. I got the information on this particular muffler from Rod (racecougar). Here is his thread that gives his system specs:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=54520

Here is the link where you can see his system:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=85069

Beyond my needs but I love the muffler setup. Sits right in the tunnel with room to spare. Truly awesome! Anyways, here are two links so you can see the cost of the muffler Rod uses. Magnaflow, on their site, posts a list price of $255. Check these out:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

http://www.performancepeddler.com/de...CT_ID=MAG14468

The trick is, with PerformancePeddler, put in a best offer. I offered $100 shipped. The offer back was $110.64 shipped. I took it! Maybe I could have negotiated lower but seemed darn good to me. I thank Rod for the direction he gave me and look forward to putting all the parts on I am gathering together with the help of the talented people in this forum. Hope this helps someone still searching for the true duals.

93 5.0 Thunderbird LX - Suspension rebuilt - poly , Solid rubber mm's, Tokico Blues, SCPP 3.5" CAI, True Duals (Pypes Bullits MVR200RA, Magnaflow Resonators 14416), FRPP case & 3.73 gears, Dynatech MMC driveshaft, Walbro 255lph, 3G 130 amp Alt, MAC 1 5/8" Long Tubes, Tru Cool (28k), Cervini hood, LC-1, QH, '95 Cobra J4J1 PCM, 88mm VMP Slot Blade MAF, '97 TBird Electric Fan, PBR calipers, 24lb EV6 Bosch 4 Jet Injectors

[email protected] (engine/trans is stock)

To Be Installed: WRGearset (FRPP) AOD w/Art Carr VB (transbrake/electric OD_non-lockup), Ultimate Converter Concepts 9.5" 4100, Hurst V-Matic 2, Camshaft Innovations "Custom" cam & "TEA" prepped TW 190 FAC by Jay Allen, Holley Systemax II, 75mm TB, 275/50/15 MT D/R's,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM

sounds cool man, thanks for the link.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the link. My 01 4.6 truck sounded awesome with a Magnaflow DI/DO setup. I want to do something similar for my 05 5.4 truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ainline41
id recommend peformance peddler, i got the muffler 2 days after i ordered it, plus it was so cheap with the best offer thing
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:31 AM

Cheap source for Magnaflow DI/DO muffler

I'll add my thanks a well, this is just what I've been looking for!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 04:11 PM
5th Gear Poster

Performance peddler has an ebay store. He'll take $76 shipped. http://search.ebay.com/search/search...2Fd&category0=

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 266079416 seconds. wtf?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusraybrown
Performance peddler has an ebay store. He'll take $76 shipped. http://search.ebay.com/search/search...2Fd&category0=
For the 14468?

Brad

93 5.0 Thunderbird LX - Suspension rebuilt - poly , Solid rubber mm's, Tokico Blues, SCPP 3.5" CAI, True Duals (Pypes Bullits MVR200RA, Magnaflow Resonators 14416), FRPP case & 3.73 gears, Dynatech MMC driveshaft, Walbro 255lph, 3G 130 amp Alt, MAC 1 5/8" Long Tubes, Tru Cool (28k), Cervini hood, LC-1, QH, '95 Cobra J4J1 PCM, 88mm VMP Slot Blade MAF, '97 TBird Electric Fan, PBR calipers, 24lb EV6 Bosch 4 Jet Injectors

[email protected] (engine/trans is stock)

To Be Installed: WRGearset (FRPP) AOD w/Art Carr VB (transbrake/electric OD_non-lockup), Ultimate Converter Concepts 9.5" 4100, Hurst V-Matic 2, Camshaft Innovations "Custom" cam & "TEA" prepped TW 190 FAC by Jay Allen, Holley Systemax II, 75mm TB, 275/50/15 MT D/R's,
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 06:59 PM

probably for the 124468 thats the regular non polished version
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Does the 12468 have the internal TruX pipe?? Any one know??

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Well i just got it in the mail today and to anwser my own guestion...Yes both have the internal TruX pipe. #12468 is non-polished and the #14468 is, so thats the only difference.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:11 AM
6th Gear Poster

Any drone with this muffler? I hate it when the exhaust is louder inside the car than it is outside.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Just had it put on my car today, like 1 out of 10.......10 hurting your ears.........id say its a 3. I love the sound and the look. I'l have pictures of the set up tomo

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 04:06 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
well, the sound changes about 100%, when I first got it, It made a completely diff sound than now. It didnt sound like a muscle car at all.
I like the way it sounds after driving it 5,000 miles+.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
4th Gear Poster

any luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI
Just had it put on my car today, like 1 out of 10.......10 hurting your ears.........id say its a 3. I love the sound and the look. I'l have pictures of the set up tomo
Pics...clips?

- 1991 Mercury Cougar XR7 5.0L -
- Black Leather on Wine Metallic -
- So Far... 18" Mac Rims -
- Alpine Mp3 Player -
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:26 PM
4th Gear Poster

Probably a stupid question.

Quote:
Does the 12468 have the internal TruX pipe?? Any one know??

Is this a replacement for the resonator thats inbetween the cats and the rear mufflers? If so will replacing just this part be possible by a home mechanic and will it offer a gain in HP or any performance (not just sound)?

Thanks for any responses. I really do not want to go and get a whole new exhaust system if I am just going to be doing small modifications (all I have done so far is the intake mod with a cone K&N) + the whole money thing. I rather change my tranny fluid and put a tranny cooler in to ensure reliability than spend 5 times the cash on an exhaust. Priorities first :/.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Hittin' Switches

Send a message via AIM to musto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner1515
Is this a replacement for the resonator thats inbetween the cats and the rear mufflers? If so will replacing just this part be possible by a home mechanic and will it offer a gain in HP or any performance (not just sound)?

Thanks for any responses. I really do not want to go and get a whole new exhaust system if I am just going to be doing small modifications (all I have done so far is the intake mod with a cone K&N) + the whole money thing. I rather change my tranny fluid and put a tranny cooler in to ensure reliability than spend 5 times the cash on an exhaust. Priorities first :/.
youd probably get a slight gain, but nothin youd probably notice.

if you can weld you can do it.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud2or3
Pics...clips?
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=89669

Sound clip is coming tomo for sure, dyno tune!!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner1515

This muffler is a Duel in and Duel out, so if you have duel exhaust it would work better for you, if not you'd need to take it to a exhaust shop and have some customizing to make this work.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Hittin' Switches

Quote:
This muffler is a Duel in and Duel out, so if you have duel exhaust it would work better for you, if not you'd need to take it to a exhaust shop and have some customizing to make this work.

ya mine was dual in dual out mid mounted, but i got it changed to two rear mounted borla mufflers. pretty diffrent sound for sure
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musto
ya mine was dual in dual out mid mounted, but i got it changed to two rear mounted borla mufflers. pretty diffrent sound for sure
Go ahead, what sound do you like better? What's the difference?
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Hittin' Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanV8
Go ahead, what sound do you like better? What's the difference?
The flowmasters had a little louder and deeper idle, and a little smoother sound to them, sounded great i thought. The Borlas have a tad quieter idle, but the two Borla mufflers are louder than one mid mounted DI/DO Flowmaster that i had before.

I really like the way the borlas sound driving and especially when you get on it, its alot more agressive sounding. just driving around and all theres a diffrence for sure. But idling, the flowmasters sounded much nicer to be honest.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 11:02 AM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by musto
youd probably get a slight gain, but nothin youd probably notice.

if you can weld you can do it.
I can weild but need someone to let me borrow the equip lol . Thanks for the response!

And btw I have the false dual setup. I believe this is where the left and right cat go off from thier own pipes than combine into one pipe. This single pipe goes into the resonator and than it goes out in one pipe, splits into two and than goes to the two rear mufflers.

I just do not want to spend $500 for a performance gain that is going to be maybe 5 horse power sine I have a pretty stock engine except the intake. Now if I had pi cams, heads and intake maybe it would be worth it because the new exhaust would be needed to take full advantage of the modifications. But i am getting ahead of myself.

Anyway thanks again for all the help guys

Last edited by Burner1515; 09-20-2006 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in