TCCoA Forums banner

Mark 8 Alum. Driveshaft w/ new U joints

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Bradone 
#1 ·
Alright I have a 1993 mark 8 one piece aluminum driveshaft. It has brand new U joints all pressed in, good to go, very clean. $130 + ship OBO

#20 ·
No, it won't.

Brad

#4 ·
I don't think there is a length or spline difference between the AOD AODE and 4R70W. but I could be wrong.

#5 ·
is it balanced already? ill take dibs if it is. also do you know how much weight it saves compared to a stock t bird driveshaft

#6 ·
also did you have it installed on yours just curios if you had any issues with it?

#7 ·
it is still factory balanced and too the best of my knowledge it is still balanced, no i never installed it, just sat in the garage. i had fitment issues because of my v6 . as for weight savings, i believe its 6-7 pounds or so, this thing is extremely light. and since its rotational mass that will help quite a bit. i have mikestbird443 as 1st dibs, if he falls through, paintme205 its yours, i'll get a shipping quote asap

#8 ·
ok thanks for the info

#10 · (Edited)
I have one that has new yoke and new splicer u joints and was balanced to 3500 rpm .

Could not use it because of my 4.10 gears .

I have receipts for the work that total over 100.00 .

BTW I bought the Dynotech 4in shaft from SCP , ouch !!

Edit : pending sale

#13 · (Edited)
My driveshaft was tested only for 3500rpm .

I just dont want to take a chance so I bought a Dynotech driveshaft that I received today .

It was a nice day since I also got/installed the Xcal tune today !!;)

Edit : I had already said that .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.