Having problems replying to posts :( - TCCoA Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By XR7-4.6

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Having problems replying to posts :(

Have spent the last 90 mins. trying to reply to posts on a thread that I created this afternoon. Am a new member to this forum. The error message says I need to make the message at least 3 characters and I have the post in the reply to use it for quotes. Am not familiar with how to use this site. Please help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:24 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Are you replying to someone quoting their post? Make sure you post your text either above or below the [QUOTE] tags.

If you’re posting within the quote window your post is counted as part of what you’re responding to and the site will return it as an error
Grog6 and Trunk Monkey like this.

-Matt
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 11:26 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
(QUOTE=XR7-4.6;2053217)Are you replying to someone quoting their post? Make sure you post your text either above or below the [quote] tags.

If you’re posting within the quote window your post is counted as part of what you’re responding to and the site will return it as an error(/QUOTE)

I took out the brackets to show how you can break up a quote, and reply to each piece.
That's what it looks like when you quote someone.

If you take and copy this part, (QUOTE=XR7-4.6;2053217) and put it at the beginning of all the individual lines you want to quote, it will do them separately.
Then you have to add the (/quote) piece to close it, or it will be one big quote anyway.

I replaced the square brackets so I can show you how HTML works; square brackets show it as HTML commands for the site software.

This is the first line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
Are you replying to someone quoting their post? Make sure you post your text either above or below the (QUOTE) tags.

Second line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
If you’re posting within the quote window your post is counted as part of what you’re responding to and the site will return it as an error
Copying the open quote part, the text you want, then the close quote part, it will break up into parts.

Does that help?

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in