Turbo Update #3 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Exclamation Turbo Update #3

Hello fellow Birdlovers!
I am happy to announce that I got a call from "Jimmy", at HP Performance this morning. Jimmy talked about plans for the Supercoupe and explained to me that they are currently working on the design for the turbo headers. I explained my goals to him and they seem feasable. He has agreed to come on the board and post his progress next week. Jimmy has also committed to a FIRM completion date of the middle of March. Let's hope all goes as planned.

I had no clue about what questions some of you guys wanted me to ask, but I did ask Jimmy what size turbo we would be using. This question was pointless being that I know NOTHING about turbo size. Anyways he told me the car would be based on a single turbo setup and we would likely be going with a 60mm T-4. This turbo was selected when compared to the size of the 3.8 in hopes of minimum lag (if any). The turbo is also said to support up to 600hp. If anyone can make heads or tales of this you are welcome to comment.

By the way: The same turbo produced over 550rwhp on a stock '93 Mustang GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
PostWhore

Cool^^^

I'm sure the since the SC 3.8 was designed for boost from the get go, it will do well with the inherent efficiency of a turbo... although you may loss a little bit of low end torque.

I haven't scheduled yet, but if all goes as planned I will have HP install a turbo on my 5.0 in the fall.... and I can't wait!!

90' Cougar Sport Edition 3.8 (RIP)
92' Cougar 25th Anniversary Edition 5.0
96' Contour Sport (RIP)
01' Jaguar XJR
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoltz13
Cool^^^

I'm sure the since the SC 3.8 was designed for boost from the get go, it will do well with the inherent efficiency of a turbo... although you may loss a little bit of low end torque.

I haven't scheduled yet, but if all goes as planned I will have HP install a turbo on my 5.0 in the fall.... and I can't wait!!
Good luck man, but be sure to talk to HP about that now because they stay covered up. If you get the deal going soon you should be OK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in