Unrelated but eh. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Unrelated but eh.

I know it's not a Ford Thunderbird but I figured maybe a few boost nuts would get a good kick out of this and maybe even jump start you to do your own crazy *** project, that'll do everything you want and get you no respect Just how I like it. Nothing like insulting some *** in a Corvette that thinks he has a hot car.
Which is were this comes in. http://www.gtneon.com This is the one and only (in Missouri that is) Turbocharged 2.4ltr 3 speed Dodge Neon ACR 95. It's pretty hard to scare up a race when we drive this thing........because who the hell would want to lose to a little black NEON.lol. yep. Just putting it out there. If anyone has any questions about it I can answer most of them. Save the disses though I've heard enough of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
It's still a neon. Not enough torque and a piece of crap!

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Ah well

Guess you can't win em all. I thought I asked that you not whine about this though. I was looking for enthusiats not close minded people. Besides I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder. We've raced 94 viper RT's with this car and hung with them how does 240hp with 290ft/lbs of torque sound..........nevermind.......it probably sounds like crap right. You are exactly the kind of guy that we race. 12.5 on street tires in the 1327 and 11.5 on drag radials. Yep sure is slow and has no pull to it.

"Nuke and Pave" -as said by the one and only Don Howard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
5th Gear Poster

thats cool man Iwish I ran that my fiend has an srt 4 can you beat it?
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Unsure

I don't really know. I was just trying to explain.........explain what......that the guy that I was trying to retort against doesn't like 4 cylinders. Anyways.....to answer your question if it was a bone stock SRT4 yes the 95 ACR would probably win. That's enough bench racing though. I thought talking about another turbo car would stir up a few turbo guys in the club to talk to. So far no good.

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastedTires
Guess you can't win em all. I thought I asked that you not whine about this though. I was looking for enthusiats not close minded people. Besides I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder. We've raced 94 viper RT's with this car and hung with them how does 240hp with 290ft/lbs of torque sound..........nevermind.......it probably sounds like crap right. You are exactly the kind of guy that we race. 12.5 on street tires in the 1327 and 11.5 on drag radials. Yep sure is slow and has no pull to it.
Im not close minded, Im just expressing my humble opinion, you don't like it oh well. Do you think the neon has more HP and/or torque than my car??? Do you have facts about that?? Better get some more info on some other people's car before you start talking things that are not true. I have a 2003 Explorer PI with true dual exhaust. Now, do you really think he has more HP than me?? I don't think so, he'll probably have more torque, that's for sure, no doubt of that due to the turbocharger that he has. Do you at least know the specs. for a 2003 Explorer engine?!? It doesnt bother me that some little car would kick my butt or that has more torque or HP, get some fact before you open your mouth. BTW, who cares about some little honda with a turbo?? If you want something interesting to chat about, look for MN12 with turbos, then people will get more interest. Move along..

Israel

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
It may be a fast little car but who cares? It's still a Neon, which is a name that has no class, no nostalgia, etc. Try putting that Neon in a head on collision with a MN12. That little piss ant of a car will be destroyed. Also, those cars that are really light suck when it comes to driving them. They are so light that if a gust of wind blows by, you feel like your gonna go off the road. I know because I drove a 2002 Focus for 3 weeks while my Tbird was in the shop. They are not comfortable either. Also, Dodge just blows in general and their engines are shltty. I drove the Thunderbird to the top of Mt. Mitchel State Park, NC (6,684 ft) and it did a great job. A Dodge Avenger, which was also parked in the lot was smoking from under the hood and smoking out of both fenders. (The Blue Ridge Parkway has some really steep grades) That car was pretty much phucked. My mother had a 99' Dodge Intrepid and all it was, was problems, problems, and more problems. In other words, that little "dinky" car may be quick in the 1/4, but in reality, it's a friggin' death trap.

The only good Mopar engine is a hemi; also many of the 50's/60's/70's Chryslers had some good motors.

BTW-your older brothers Redish Trans Am is beautiful. Now THAT is what you should maybe brag about........On an F-Body Discussion Board though!!

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7

Last edited by BlakTbird96; 04-20-2005 at 08:04 PM.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
PostWhore

Toasted,

Is you friend with the Neon coming over to Gateway this Friday night for Midnight Madness 8:00 PM till 3:00 AM ? Several of the St. Louis area SC guys will be there if it doesn't rain. Just look for some t-birds parked together.

I'd like to get a close up look at that neon, sounds pretty cool.

David

1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat..................707HP/650TQ
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Your Neon: 240hp with 290ft/lbs of torque
Stock 94 Viper R/T: 400hp with 465 ft/lbs of torque

Your Neon (please fill in the blanks)
Maximum Speed: ??? mph
Acceleration 0-60: ?.? sec.
1/4 Mile Time: 12.5 sec @ ?????

1994 Viper R/T
Maximum Speed: 165 mph (264 km/h)
Acceleration 0-60: 4.6 sec.
1/4 Mile Time: 12.9 sec @ 113.8 mph

Sorry, but to compare your Neon to a Viper is just ludicrous.

Yes, you have impressive numbers... but honestly who cares? I for one do not. And I don’t because I have questions like: How long is that engine going to last? How streetable is it? How long is that transmission going to last? HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE INVESTED IN YOUR NEON to get your 11/12 second passes?

This is a T’Bird/Cougar/Mark VIII board so to come on here and brag about a Neon is just asking for comments like you received. And then YOU insult with your “I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder” statement…

But like I said, I’m sure you’ve put a lot of work into that Neon, and you should be impressed with the accomplishment. But getting pissed when someone calls it a POS (which I’m sorry, Neons (in general) are…) is just asinine. What did you expect out of a bunch of MN12 owners? Did you expect a bunch of us to go “oooooo, ahhhhhhh, WOW…”.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Alright here

Dial - 13.00
R/T - .287
60' - 2.006
330 - 5.552
1/8 - 8.460
MPH - 85.32
1000 - 10.981
1/4 - 13.137
MPH - 104.26

That's what the car ran when it was running like crap. It was way too rich on the bottom end and had a crappy injector set up. Now he has what's called a Port Fueler from Hahn Racecraft. So 8 injectors 4 23pph's and 4 40pph's. Wish I could show you what it just dynoed........but since I can't I won't say what it did dyno.......for fear that absolutely no one would believe it......that's fine I rode in it yesterday and it's fast as hell. Nothing like having to countersteer in a front wheel drive car everytime you mash the throttle. This car still costs less than a brand new Srt4 by about 3 or 4 grand. Today we pick up the new custom built t3t4 hybrid and really jack up the boost it's at 15psi right now and we're hoping to be able to push at least another 5-10 in several weeks. "Never send a Thunder Chicken to do a race cars job".lol. That's for you guys that take this stuff too seriously. A heavy tank isn't a race car.....it's a grocery getter with a very thirsty engine. I hope no one throws a PI engine at me.

P.S. Hey Dave N. As far as I know he didn't have any plans of heading out there but we just did some reliablity work to it that's got it right into daily driver land. I'll talk to him about heading out to gateway. If he isn't there then his mechanic will be I can't remember the guys last name.....first names Paul and he'll be out there with his purple bottle fed neon.

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I think this is the first time I opened a link on a thread and closed it right after!!!(http://www.gtneon.com) That car is just flat out ugly I don't care if it beats me in a race. Atleast I have a deciently fast car that look's good and doesn't sound like a fart going down the street (rice cooker's)

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Not the Purple one

The purple one is stock the black one is the sleeper.

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Lol

A guy with subs in his trunk saying a car sucks. Wow you've got like another 50-60lbs of crap taking away horsepower you've got no right to even speak.

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Dial - 13.00
R/T - .287
60' - 2.006
330 - 5.552
1/8 - 8.460
MPH - 85.32
1000 - 10.981
1/4 - 13.137
MPH - 104.26

That's what the car ran when it was running like crap. It was way too rich on the bottom end and had a crappy injector set up. Now he has what's called a Port Fueler from Hahn Racecraft. So 8 injectors 4 23pph's and 4 40pph's. Wish I could show you what it just dynoed........but since I can't I won't say what it did dyno.......for fear that absolutely no one would believe it......that's fine I rode in it yesterday and it's fast as hell. Nothing like having to countersteer in a front wheel drive car everytime you mash the throttle. This car still costs less than a brand new Srt4 by about 3 or 4 grand. Today we pick up the new custom built t3t4 hybrid and really jack up the boost it's at 15psi right now and we're hoping to be able to push at least another 5-10 in several weeks. "Never send a Thunder Chicken to do a race cars job".lol. That's for you guys that take this stuff too seriously. A heavy tank isn't a race car.....it's a grocery getter with a very thirsty engine. I hope no one throws a PI engine at me.
Gee, did I ask for those numbers? No. But I guess you don't have 0 - 60 times... nor a recorded top speed. You see, that is my problem with people that say, “I can hang with a Viper”… well at a drag strip ONLY!!! Can your neon hit 165 mph? What type of cornering forces can you generate? So “I can hang with a Viper”, is just total and complete in my opinion.

And I also guess this MN12 is just a grocery getter...

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=62723

[email protected]

Hmmmm, really looks like he's considerably faster than your car...

Again, you have some impressive numbers and for that I applaud you for what you have accomplished. But you still have a 4 cylinder in a butt ugly car that won’t corner, won’t last, and is made of cheap parts. And I have one question? Do you really own a 5.0L T’Bird? If so, and you want to impress people, why didn’t you drop a twin turbo system into that car?

69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Wish I could show you what it just dynoed........but since I can't I won't say what it did dyno.......for fear that absolutely no one would believe it......that's fine I rode in it yesterday and it's fast as hell.
I'd probably believe it, turbos will make just about anything fast. BTW, I'm planning to make around a 1000 fwhp with my 93 SC.

David

1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat..................707HP/650TQ
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 02:48 PM
5th Gear Poster

C'mon the guy just wanted to share something with us, no need to skin him alive. I'm not a fan of that car type but what was done to the car is pretty neat. My 2 cents.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Sorry, but he started it...

After one single, negative post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Cat
It's still a neon. Not enough torque and a piece of crap!
45 minutes later he replies with:
Quote:
…Besides I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder…
He didn't even give anyone else time to compliment him on his accomplishment. So nope, he won’t be getting any sympathy from me.

69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

You all win and you're all right

I won't deny that the car isn't the ugliest damn car on the market but since when does looks have anything to with on track performance and one other thing about this ridiculous viper thing. WTF are you doing racing at 165mph have you ever been in a car doing 165 it's pretty damn scarey man. Potholes become death traps and pieces of rock become paint chipping windshield cracking projectiles. I give up........if I could show you a video of it at the track and just how much time is invested in this car then you would maybe understand. From now on if your younger then me and you act like it leave me alone.

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
Uhm, I'm actually older than you. Quit your whining. You are on a Thunderbird/Cougar discussion board. Nobody here gives a rats @$$ about Peons. If you want some compliments, go post on a Peon Discussion board.

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Alright I get it

Point taken most of you don't like this car. However it is fast and that 40+ guy is just as grown up as me. Who deserves to get smashed by a very tiny import with more nuts then him lol.

post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Point taken most of you don't like this car. However it is fast and that 40+ guy is just as grown up as me. Who deserves to get smashed by a very tiny import with more nuts then him lol.
If that is the case... then I'll slit my wrists now...

Let me enlighten you to something. YOU STARTED THE INSULTS!!! Your rude and childish, "MY car is faster than yours" just shows your immaturity. All you had to say was, “Yes I know my car is POS, but that is the beauty of it. I’ve gotten it to go fast and can surprise a lot of other cars.” But no, you have to immediately start with the insults.

All along I have given you props for your accomplishments... even when you made comparisons to cars that are SO OUT OF THE LEAGUE of a Neon that it was pathetic!! “Hang with a Viper… PLEASE!!!”

So please take your Neon (being the POS that it is), and go post your "accomplishments" on a Neon board. And make sure you badmouth T'bird owners over there because I know you will.

And with that said, have a good day!!

69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 07:12 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak Kid
Quote:
12.5 on street tires in the 1327 and 11.5 on drag radials. Yep sure is slow and has no pull to it.
Quote:
Dial - 13.00
R/T - .287
60' - 2.006
330 - 5.552
1/8 - 8.460
MPH - 85.32
1000 - 10.981
1/4 - 13.137
MPH - 104.26
do we need to rip out the Excuse meter? or the BS meter?

post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 03:27 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

What's so unusual about a turbo Neon? There's an older body style Neon (like your body style) that I've seen in Hagerstown in Maryland that has an SRT-4 engine in it...Neon's aren't rare...by any means.

Why do people come here and talk up their cars, trash our cars, and then wonder why they get negative comments?

~Jeff

*signed off
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 03:28 PM
PostWhore

Big deal, Ive seen a Shadow with a setup like that pos neon, ya it was quick in the quarter, but sure didnt last long, And 15 psi and 10 more? Ya good luck with that.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 07:37 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd. Even a gold plated turd is STILL a turd.

Yeah, you made a grocery getter econobox fast. You're not the first and you won't be the last. The car is quick in a straight line. How does it handle? How are the brakes? Can you autocross it? If you consider the car a race car than 11's are nothing to brag about. But if you can seriously drive the car hard in all ways, then kudos on it. It's all about perspective.

What they said about the viper is this: Even if you can out accellerate it in a straight line, you cannot in any way, shape or form outrun it on a normal US road. Because as soon as the curves come up, the Viper will destroy the Neon. Period.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 12:19 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice Send a message via Yahoo to Juice
Wow I didn't think there were this many morons on this board... maybe I shouldn't have read this post...

1. Maybe you idiots should read his first post again. He in no way said his neon was cooler than anyone elses car. In fact, he put it down for being a neon. I think it is pretty cool that you can make a sleeper out of a econobox that can show up a vette in the straight line. For the dumbass that said he threw the first insult, maybe you should read the 1st and 2nd post of this thread and tell me who really did.

2. So what if the vette/viper can beat it in autocross... That is like saying football players are going to get beat in volleyball. It is two completely different things. In real drag races, those cars can barely turn at all. He was saying that he built a car that is going to be fast in the 1/4, he in no way said that it was going to beat any car in a different style of racing. Also, look at the cost of the vette/viper and look at the cost of the neon with mods. Yea, pretty big difference. Not everyone can afford a viper and those who build cars that can beat them cheaper have my respect.

Plus I can't believe I'm hearing all this stuff from a bunch of thunderbird owners... It is not like we have the most nimble cars either. I bet there are plenty of people who think that people are stupid for modding a bird...Why don't you just save your money and get a vette? Same deal.

Too many of you need to take a look at what you wrote in here and then apply it to yourself.

One example from Jeff:
What's so unusual about a turbo Neon? There's an older body style Neon (like your body style) that I've seen in Hagerstown in Maryland that has an SRT-4 engine in it...Neon's aren't rare...by any means.

T-birds aren't rare by any means either bud.

For daily driven 4.6:
Let me enlighten you to something. YOU STARTED THE INSULTS!!! Your rude and childish, "MY car is faster than yours" just shows your immaturity. All you had to say was, “Yes I know my car is POS, but that is the beauty of it. I’ve gotten it to go fast and can surprise a lot of other cars.” But no, you have to immediately start with the insults

No he didn't you ignoramus. Read 1st and 2nd post.

Also to you:
HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE INVESTED IN YOUR NEON to get your 11/12 second passes?

Ummm. Same question to most bird/couger owners who drag their cars.

To Sir William:
No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd. Even a gold plated turd is STILL a turd.

Yeah, you made a grocery getter econobox fast. You're not the first and you won't be the last. The car is quick in a straight line. How does it handle? How are the brakes? Can you autocross it? If you consider the car a race car than 11's are nothing to brag about. But if you can seriously drive the car hard in all ways, then kudos on it. It's all about perspective.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! I bet many people say the same things about thunderbirds. (not necessarily about econobox though. T-birds don't even get good gas mileage.)

I hate it when people put down someone else for their accomplishments. There is a reason there are different types of cars out there. Some people like one style, some people like others. The fact that you jerk offs can't respect that disgusts me. When I get insulted, I will defend myself and he was just doing the same.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car and I love thunderbirds. But I know for a fact that many other people don't like it, but they respect it none the less. Some of you jerks need to grow up. I have a lot to say but I can't get it all out because I am disgusted at what has happened here. I'm going to gather my thoughts and maybe some of you people should do the same and maybe you will realize how ignorant you all just made yourselves look.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Ok im throwing my 2 cents out here. You can talk trash about me having subwoofers in the trunk I dont care!!!! When I go to the track that stuff will be out I don't street race like toasted tries to do against Corvette's (and he said that in his original post which I thaught wasn't allowed here)!! If you want to talk trash about t-bird's go to a dodge forum or somewhere else. Personally I don't think this forum was created to have people talk trash about us owners with a t-bird/cougar. Maybe it's just me but I didn't see where he put himself down in the first post CaliHwyPatrol. Oh before I forget Toasted You said I have no room to talk because I have sub's in the trunk, well like I said in the top I will take them out for drag racing at the track. I will talk because I have the right to and so does everybody else here. Well enough rambiling Cali and toasted If you want to trash talk t-birds go to a different forum that has nothing to do with Ford's and trash talk our car's all you wan't. We wont go to your site and say your car is slow and our car's our faster. Don't go to a t-bird/cougar site and expect to get good comments on a Neon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Well of course Thunderbirds aren't rare. Do me a favor. Next time you're out and about....count the number of "modified" (ie- riced) neons....then count the number of "modified" Thunderbirds. For every modded MN12 out there, I would venture to say there's 5 Neons to match that one MN12. And you want to go on the immature side of the argument....in his first post he claims that Vette owners are ***'s....total BS...I've got a few friends with older Vettes and I've met a couple Vette owners at the track that are perfectly cool people. One guy even had a Z06 and complimented all of us (15 or so) during the Ford event at Mason Dixon last year. And last time I checked, the Vette IS a hot car.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice Send a message via Yahoo to Juice
I love birds, I love vettes, I hate neons. But that is just my opinion. I just think it is wrong for anyone to start talking trash about someone elses car just because it is not your taste and I thought there was a higher level of respect in this forum but I seem to be wrong.

And Jeff, to be honest, I don't see modded neons or birds around here... Or not that many at least. I see a few srt 4's but they are all stock (at least on the outside) and I see the occasional sc with custom exhaust and tinted windows... Neither car is exceptionally popular around here. I see more vettes than neons. But that is just me. Maybe other sac people see more but I don't.

Qwikcat, did I trash talk tbirds? I simply stated that birds aren't necessarily the most sporty cars either and maybe some of these people need to look at what they are driving before they bash someone else. I am certainly not in a position to trash talk someones car. I drive a bone stock 92 with 100k miles and a V6. For all you know, it could be a grandma's car. Anyone that puts time/money into their car gets my respect. I really don't care how tacky or ricey it is. If they like it, that is all that matters. Who are you to say it is a piece of crap? You didn't spend countless hours working on it. Also, unless I read this wrong, he is putting it down for being a neon. Read this line he wrote:

because who the hell would want to lose to a little black NEON.lol. yep.

I apologize for coming off as such a jerk, but when people talk trash about someone elses car just because they don't like it really pisses me off. If you don't like it, be nice about it. You don't have to start out by saying: It's still a neon. Not enough torque and a piece of crap!

Just my opinion...

~Chuck
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 PM
PostWhore

Its a discussion board people post their opinions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in