take a look!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

take a look!!

ah hoy there not to be the cheep guy but im looking for something to try out and this is what i found http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...067996074&rd=1

what do you think i would throw it on a 351w are they too small? and yes i know there made for rice but i got a thin pocket book... or does any one know were i could get something similar for the same price but off set turbos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to twin turbo 281
those are made for a stangs engine compartment they most likely will not clear the MN12s towers. Also the down pipes are supose to run off the back of the turbos and run down besides the back of the motor. If you want to go turbo youll have to custom fabricate your own turbo headers or figure out a way to run pipes off the manifolds under the car to the front of the motor. Ive seen a project stang that is using that kit right now. Since you have a 4.6 why not stick with the modular? Use the cash that you would blow on a pushrod and use it on building a custom setup. Its been done a few times but compartment space is limited and there is limited tubular K members available for the MN12s that cost more than there worth. http://www.boostang.comcheck out this link its a custom single setup on a 2v from start to finish

2x95 cougars to the scapper
97 F250 psd 4x4 dd twin charged
48 Gmc Detroit diesel 453t twin sticked
45 Chevy 451 detroit twin sticked
51 Mack A51T restoration
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

yo

you jumped ahead of me i was just asking about the turbos i will be doing a remote mount if any thing also i can not get the power that i am looking for out of a stock 4.6 block nor can i get the durability "they dont make um like they use to" thank you for the reply tho... what kinda power at a "SAFE" max do you think i could see form them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
YOu can not go above 6psi.. If you have a PI, you could go a little higher, but on a non PI, no more than 6. Does are small, it depends on how much you want to make. What are the plans that you have for your fuel, tranny, maf, etc?

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to twin turbo 281
actually the 4.6 is a very strong block in iron form all you need is some froged internals...a cobra crank,rods,forged dished pistons. You should here the stories of the pushrod guys cracking the stock blocks left and right under low boost let alone. When building a custom turbo setup the pushrod guys always put a aftermarket block on the list. The factory iron block has seen some major power levels no problem. Not to mention that some guys are boosting stock PI motor to the 400-450Hp mark!

2x95 cougars to the scapper
97 F250 psd 4x4 dd twin charged
48 Gmc Detroit diesel 453t twin sticked
45 Chevy 451 detroit twin sticked
51 Mack A51T restoration
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

well a lil list for you so you know what im doing it i will be using a 1974 (98% + thats the year) 351w block with a stock crank forged rods and pistons and i will be set up for e85 with a 650 to 750 carb some other things that i have figured out is i will be looking to be around.... 650 700hp's.. i will also have all the other supporting goodies like the griddles and drilled and taped for a 4bolt main... ummmm and all siting on a bulletproof c6 with a reverse manual valve body. soo i got that all for the most part set i was just wondering what these lil guys would put out for a steady flow of power.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Get bigger turbos then, you will max does one really fast. Get some master power, or two T70, depends, but does turbos you will max out real fast. It also depends on how much you want to spend too. But like I said, I would suggest bigger turbos

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 AM
Braincoating! It's what all the cool kids have!

Administrator

Are you planning on driving this thing on the street? I can only imagine the horror of trying to tune the car when it is completed. I'm guessing that if you are toying with different mounting locations (like remote) that you are going to do a blow through system. If you are doing a remote why waste the time and energy messing with 2 turbos when 1 would be more than enough. You are (if remote mounting) increasing the intake piping volume to the point that there would be no appreciable benefit from using a pair in comparison to using 1 correctly sized unit (like a turbonetics 62-1 with a .68 or a .81 ar depending on how serious you want to be) and if you are going to make serious boost you better be planning to intercool it somehow (more piping, more lag and more intense designing).

Just wait until you see how much fun you can have with variable pressure regulator and a carb stuffed inside a box that you really cant adjust easily. Been there, got the tee-shirt and swore to never go there again. Cars made that way have a notoriously bad history (need I say anything more than biturbo) whereas identically created versions with the addition of fuel injected are can be dossal when wanted and insane when needed (I think the gn is a good example).

These are just a few thought from someone who has wandered down that lonely highway of turbocharging stuff. I am happy to say that we will be hearing of another turbo’d bird sometime in the not too distant future (as if it isn’t fast enough already) but i have been sworn to secrecy until its debut.

www.BRAINCOATING.com..... Powder & Ceramic Coating

WWW.PRESTONSBOOKS.BIZ..... Books at really great prices!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayonbreaker
you jumped ahead of me i was just asking about the turbos i will be doing a remote mount if any thing also i can not get the power that i am looking for out of a stock 4.6 block nor can i get the durability "they dont make um like they use to" thank you for the reply tho... what kinda power at a "SAFE" max do you think i could see form them?
No reason to do remote mount if your switching to a 351. For the power level your after a single T70 will be plenty.

David

1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat..................707HP/650TQ
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Hittin' Switches

Send a message via AIM to musto
woa... 780 bucks shipped.

that sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but i dont really know, im sure the piping and all would be several hundred more, but that sounds like it could work for less than 1500 to me...

is that worth doing? it says 5.0, but what about 4.6?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by musto
woa... 780 bucks shipped.

that sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but i dont really know, im sure the piping and all would be several hundred more, but that sounds like it could work for less than 1500 to me...

is that worth doing? it says 5.0, but what about 4.6?

No.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in