TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'90 SC - black, automatic w/moonroof

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rodeo Joe 
#1 ·
Sadly, I've come to the realization that my Super Coupe is just the lowest car on the totem of unfinished projects. I have put about 3k on since purchasing it and it has been issue free.

The previous owner said it was 'shifting rough' but I have not noticed any such activity. There is an E-clip on the TB and it is working just fine. I also have the brass grommet but have not yet installed it. This car was claimed to have received an engine replacement some 30k ago, but no such documentation exists. As such, let's consider this MAYBE the original engine, but I have not checked to see if it is numbers matching. The car itself currently has 99k on it, and the A/C compressor is still inoperable as was described by the previous seller.

I have nothing to compare it to, but the car seems to run just fine, and it made the trip from Harrisburg to Cleveland without issue.

Could use brakes, but was waiting to do the hub swap that I have yet to have time for. (Hat tip to Tim on SCCOA for scrounging the swap parts for me - they will go with the sale).

After purchasing it, I took it out to XR7 Dave and asked him to look over the regular SC trouble spots. He advised that the car was very clean underneath. I also found no issues whatsoever with the undercarriage rust - at the very least, it's the cleanest undercarriage I've seen on an Ohio car of this vintage...ever. The paint is okay, sort of tired mostly on the hood. It waxes up nicely. The front bumper could use a repaint, but that seems sort of common to all driver-quality SCs I've seen around. A few dings here and there but I am sorta sure that a PDR guy could remove them easily.

Interior is still very, very, very, clean. The stereo was replaced with a Dual I had laying around and I put in a JBL bypass from Crutchfield. It doesn't sound great but it provides tunes. The install is sorta meh, but whatever, it's better than the inop head unit.

Bottom line: I simply do not have the heart to store this thing outside this winter, covered. It is way too nice for that.

So. My price is firm at $2250, or it is danger of becoming the daily driver (yes, that includes Cleveland winters).

I will make every effort to check TCCOA when able. It will not be daily, but at least a couple times a week.

Pics:

Day after purchase pictures:

Hood and front bumper, September 2019:

Interior, September 2019:

Undercarriage pics from previous owner:

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.