TCCoA Forums banner

Lapeer Dragway on October 27th.....

740 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ainline41 
#1 ·
A guy I work with is going to Lapeer dragway on October 27 with his car that he just got together.....I think it's an older Malibu. I guess he's meeting a buddy of his there and he's pretty much talked me into going as well. Just wondering if there's anyone else here that might be interested in meeting up out there ??

I know the track really sucks after the 1/8 mile but I'll just be out there for the fun. I still don't have a custom tune and I've still got to get a new set of drag radials for my car so I'm not sure how it'll run.

If anyone else wants to meet out there probably around 1:00 on the 27th let me know so I'll know to watch for ya. Hopefully the weather will cooperate too !

Later,
Jon

#2 ·
Well it rained Saturday so I went to Lapeer dragway yesterday and managed to run my best time ever. I was running my car without a tune (just an old J-chip from before the PI heads and all) and I was running on my 255/45/18 street tires !!

Best 1/4 mile time slip:

Reaction Time: 0.652
60 Foot Time: 1.987
594 Foot Time: 8.348
1/8 Mile Time: 8.889
1/8 Mile MPH: 83.25
1/4 Mile Time: 13.719
1/4 Mile MPH: 100.58

Now I can't wait for next year when I can get a tune and a good set of drag radials. I hope to be in the deep 13's or maybe even knocking on the 12's !! Sure would've been nice if there was at least one other T-bird or Cougar out there. Next year we gotta work on all meeting out at the track to have some fun !!

Later,
Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.