TCCoA Forums banner

Coolant leak behind the motor

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  MikeRWK 
#1 ·
Im leaking coolant behind my motor, its running down the trans and onto the starter, i cant see where its coming from or seem to feel any coolant anywheres.

#7 ·
It's not easy to do a freeze plug at the back of the motor. The trans will not have to be removed if it is the freeze plug in the head, but doing so would probably make it substantially easier. And yes, I mean pressurizing the cooling system. There are adapters that go on the radiator cap to which pressure is applied, and while the system is pressurized you will be able to find where fluid is leaking out. Before doing anything or getting stressed about possibly having a lot of work, pressure test it first. Eliminate guessing wherever possible.

#8 ·
i could just remove the head then, i plan on installing better headgaskets and arp studs if i find a blower setup from a s/c and yes i realize i'l have to drop the boost to about 8 psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.