How do you feel about this.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

How do you feel about this....

I'm on a few Mustang forums and I read where guys talk about cannibalizing TurboCoupes to save SVO's or just put the turbo fours in other Mustangs. Now the same people get screaming mad if you dare speak of doing anything to an SVO other than total restoration. I like the T-Birds and Mustangs, I can't bring it up on any of the Mustang sites without getting banned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
I could care less, I've cannibalized dozens of cars to make mine better. Plus the SVO is a much rarer car than the turbo coupe and the 87/88 TC is almost mechanically identical to it.

As for four eye pride, ANYTHING other than stock is too much for most of them, they think the 79-86 are the rarest mustangs ever built. Last year when I was looking at getting this 80 GLX I searched threads there for 87-93 dash swaps and NONE of those threads ended well (its like a 5.4 4V swap here lol)

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear Poster

I find silly if anybody advocate any car, as only, special, masterpiece (even Scorpio, I like ). And if advocate AGAINST other fans&cars, his is simple stupid. Child, woman, at last, cat or dog, could be uniqe and masterpiece of the universe; hand made car, few item, is slightly impressive. But any serial builded car? Big sh** of big bull. This is industry product. Period.

BTW cannibalization of mustang, its polish, but you mean whats going on:
http://www.otomoto.pl/index.php?sect=show&id=C6733192
from more one year, about 2000-2500$, no insurance, no MOT, no brakes, terrible cond exept: low mileage 5.0 supercharged. I was near to exchange this for my van half year ago. If price will go down (and its sure) some day maybe this powerpack will be inside any of my car

Dodge Shadow '88 2.2 auto
Scorpio Ghia RS '91 2.9 auto
Merkur Scorpio '89 2.9 manual
Explorer '93 40 auto Vitara '95 1.6 auto
Thunderbird SC '89 5.0HO auto
Fiero '85 2.5 auto

Last edited by Boni; 12-06-2009 at 11:54 AM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

My opinion is that if someone owns the car, it's up to them and them only what happens to it. I was actually banned from an svo site for talking about putting a stroker 393 in this car:

I think it's a joke when a few people get together esp. online and try to intimidate as many other people as they can into only doing what they approve of with a certain car.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

gsp you have a good car for a restoMOD anyone can see that getting that shell to be a factory spec svo is almost impossible. I hope you do something with it, anything is better than nothing.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 1WLD BRD
scrap it and start with a cleaner shell...

My Cougar Domain
XBox Live: cn1WLD BRD
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
gsp you have a good car for a restoMOD anyone can see that getting that shell to be a factory spec svo is almost impossible. I hope you do something with it, anything is better than nothing.
I tried telling those people that and all I got was flack and wall to wall BS.

When I'm ready I'll put the front wheels on it and offer it for sale for $100, minus hatch.
I've got another running, complete 84 SVO that's gonna be a hot T4 someday.

Last edited by gsp393; 12-06-2009 at 04:51 PM.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

This is what I started with:

Then hurricane Ike left me this:

I was going to sell it first, then trade it to a guy who was going to paint my better SVO. I'd never seen any of his work before so I decided to just keep the 89 and make it into a full time drag car, instead of show/street/strip like I was planning all along.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp393 View Post
This is what I started with:

Then hurricane Ike left me this:

I was going to sell it first, then trade it to a guy who was going to paint my better SVO. I'd never seen any of his work before so I decided to just keep the 89 and make it into a full time drag car, instead of show/street/strip like I was planning all along.
What happened to it? Flood/fill up with water?

2015 Mustang GT Premium / Manual / 3.55 / Recaro
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Yep, three inches shy of being completely submerged.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to BogusSVO Send a message via Yahoo to BogusSVO
Ill but it.... I have enough parts laying around to about rewire it from head light to tail lights, it may be turbo coupe stuff but she would live to see another day....
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogusSVO View Post
Ill but it.... I have enough parts laying around to about rewire it from head light to tail lights, it may be turbo coupe stuff but she would live to see another day....
I plan on putting the spindles/lower control arms back on it with spare tires so it can be moved. The car has several dents in the cowl so it needs to be replaced. A small dent in the roof and alot of surface rust. I plan on keeping the hatch and quarter windows. Otherwise sold as is.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I was going to build up my 89 SC for the 393, but it looks pretty bad.

my 89 GT still has good paint and no rust.

[IMG]

****Banner Special****

For $100.00 as is minus hatch and quarter windows.
Remember, gotta save em all....
Not available just yet but will be in time.
Will include lower control arms and spindles so it can be moved on spare tires.

Full story:http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...ot-banned.html

Last edited by gsp393; 12-13-2009 at 04:11 PM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I'm on a few Mustang forums and I read where guys talk about cannibalizing TurboCoupes to save SVO's or just put the turbo fours in other Mustangs. Now the same people get screaming mad if you dare speak of doing anything to an SVO other than total restoration. I like the T-Birds and Mustangs, I can't bring it up on any of the Mustang sites without getting banned.
i have never heard of anybody getting banned for talking about anything on mustang sites unless there was a lot of swearing or name calling or getting threatening & i am a member of at least 8 mustang sites
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Poster

NO,NO,NO,leave the TCs alone.When your engine goes bad in your fox body,yank the engine out and put a 348 stroker in like normal people do. One of my friends [ex-friends] tore the drive-line out of a TC to put in a ranger,that's just not right.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
i have never heard of anybody getting banned for talking about anything on mustang sites unless there was a lot of swearing or name calling or getting threatening & i am a member of at least 8 mustang sites
Just go to svoca and talk about a v8 in an svo or foureyedpride and talk about "aero nose" on a 79-86 Mustang and see how long you last.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird66 View Post
NO,NO,NO,leave the TCs alone.When your engine goes bad in your fox body,yank the engine out and put a 348 stroker in like normal people do. One of my friends [ex-friends] tore the drive-line out of a TC to put in a ranger,that's just not right.
Eventually I'll be swaping a turbo4 from a totaled 86 svo into my 84 svo. The 84 is complete and running. If I decide to sell the 84 engine, I'll make sure it goes to a T-Bird.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Poster

Well like you said,what people do with their own cars is their business.You asked how i feel about it...that's how i feel.I prefer the TCs over the SVOs,just personal choice.
Your fox body mustang looks gorgeous,it's a shame that mother nature tried to take it away from you.
And finally,what are you gonna do with the SC? Are you just gonna return it to factory specs.,or do you plan to do some mods. to it?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird66 View Post
Well like you said,what people do with their own cars is their business.You asked how i feel about it...that's how i feel.I prefer the TCs over the SVOs,just personal choice.
Your fox body mustang looks gorgeous,it's a shame that mother nature tried to take it away from you.
And finally,what are you gonna do with the SC? Are you just gonna return it to factory specs.,or do you plan to do some mods. to it?
The GT still looks so good after sitting outside untouched for a year now. I thought it would have become a rust bucket by now after going under the brackish water from the storm surge.

The 89 SC was bought as a parts car for my 90 SC. For alittle while I had the idea of turning the 89 into a drag car, but once the engine removal got underway in the 90 and I saw what was involved, plus all the other mods necessary to install a 351w, I quickly shot that down those plans.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Personally, I love the 87-88 TurboCoupe and someday want to get another one. I wouldn't so much as syphon the gas out of one for an svo or any other car.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Here's another one:

Last edited by gsp393; 12-17-2009 at 04:24 PM.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:11 PM
PostSlut

After readin through your "I got banned" post's, why a year later, are you asking the bunch of us, how we feel about your situation?

Seems, like you are still upset that someone on "THE INTERNET" didn't agree with the way you wanted to build a car.

Thats like going to a stupid Honda site, saying Honda's suck ass! and not expecting to get banned. guess what, you're gonna get banned. trust me, I did here recently, but I didn't care.

So, what are you trying to get out of this thread?

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
After readin through your "I got banned" post's, why a year later, are you asking the bunch of us, how we feel about your situation?

Seems, like you are still upset that someone on "THE INTERNET" didn't agree with the way you wanted to build a car.

Thats like going to a stupid Honda site, saying Honda's suck ass! and not expecting to get banned. guess what, you're gonna get banned. trust me, I did here recently, but I didn't care.

So, what are you trying to get out of this thread?
My point of this thread was to bring up the hypocrisy of the svo people online who like I said: " Now the same people get screaming mad if you dare speak of doing anything to an SVO other than total restoration" yet those very people have no problem robbing Tbirds and Cougers.

I'm not asking how anyone feels about my situation, I was just curious how Tbird people felt about losing Tbirds to save Mustangs.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM
PostSlut

Quote:

I'm not asking how anyone feels about my situation, I was just curious how Tbird people felt about losing Tbirds to save Mustangs.
I guess I read into it to far.....

ehh, I for one don't really care.
Hell, take my car for example......some can't stand what I've done to it....as, most everything I've done, the car cannot ever be put back to stock(well, it could, but why?).......

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
They own the car and they bought the parts. Its theirs to do what they like.

As I said before SVO's are much rarer than TCs, and being the closest relative makes them perfect organ doners. Plus most of the TC's on the market are so run down they belong in the scrap pile. I'd rather see the good parts get used in some way, rather than see the car go to the lowest bidder, get run further into the ground and end up in the scrapper anyway. Only now everything that could have been used is trashed.

-Matt
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 PM

I love the 'how dare you do that to a __________' (insert the forums favorite car here) type of threads....

I am putting a 2.3T/T-5 into a 1967 Mustang. I am building it for my daughter, who is 13 now.

I have a 1987 TC that I am taking the entire drivetrain from.

When I first mentioned it on the MustangForums some guys went CRAZY!

After about 9 pages, they seem to have calmed down...kinda...

It's gonna be pretty cool....~200hp/260ft.lbs, and ~30mpg in a Classic car!

Ryan
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Clueless Poster

Send a message via AIM to v8_superbirdy Send a message via Yahoo to v8_superbirdy
never was a fan of fox bodies although its a shame to hear what happened to the svo. the problem with flood cars is they look like they have no damage but nothing ever works 100% with them ever again unless tripped to the chassis and rebuilt.

my other ride is an ambulance!
1997 V8 sport - first car - sold 6/7/10
2006 silver mustang gt premiumcustom made grill, frpp shorty headers, pypes cat back exhaust, hurst billet pro shifter,
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
As I said before SVO's are much rarer than TCs, and being the closest relative makes them perfect organ doners. Plus most of the TC's on the market are so run down they belong in the scrap pile. I'd rather see the good parts get used in some way, rather than see the car go to the lowest bidder, get run further into the ground and end up in the scrapper anyway. Only now everything that could have been used is trashed.
Thats exactly how I feel. If something can be saved then save it. Although I really wouldnt feel right about tearing apart a perfectly good car for parts for another car. If its a car going to crap anyway then Id rather someone use what they can from it. Just my opinion though.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

If it's a junker that's about to be scrapped it only makes sence to use what parts can be saved to save another car. When it comes to robbing parts from any good complete car to go on another car, I don't agree with that.
In my case, I had a basket case that I wanted to have some fun with it. All of the controvercy from "purist nazi's" turned me off of SVO's to a point, but I'm still going to build my other 84 to my specs in spite of anybody or anything, other than my budget.
My 89 1/2 GT will be rebuilt as a drag/street car with a complete rewire using the body harness from an 85 SVO, sail panels and quarter glass from the 84 SVO pictured.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in