Love My TC - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Cool Love My TC

Yup , got 2 of them now 1 not enough, so got another one , 87-88 both 5 speeds, loaded and run and look great, got the SCs also but these are real easy to work on after working on my SCs I can do anything in half the time , nice body to them and are a Fox body so that means I can get lots of parts , its just a mustang with a different body. Im now a Bird man, by - by to the stangs . DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 07:59 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 93TbirdSC
I just bought an 85 Tbird TC to go along with my 93 SC...I hear ya about the ease of working on the TC

And in the 7th game Lord Stanley said, "Let there be Lightning"
Tampa Bay Lightning, 2004 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!

Super Coupe Club of Florida
My Car Page
Rekless Racing
1993 Thunderbird SC
89 xr7-parts car
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

The older TCs seem to be harder to find in good shape , most are beat to hell , got 1 87 and one 88 both TC cars , 5speeds . super easy to work on , i have done the turbo already and was easy , all bolts were easy to take off , thank god , I know that can be a pain if you round one off or just wont come loose , my SCs are great cars , love them the best , just harder to work on , parts are big bucks too , pending what you buy, 3,,5-speeds and 1 auto . seems that Im always up to something with one of them, just for fun. Good luck with your new Bird, and have fun with it . DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Just joined this forum. Good to see others who also appreciate the Turbo Coupes. Got 3 of them myself. All '88s. Greta cars! Never owned a later bird. The wife had to draw the line somewhere and 3 cars was it (for now)....

I also belong to NATO, TurboFord and participate in some of the activities with the Super Coupe Club Of IA.

Ken
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Im not far from ya , Indiana . Still single so thats why I guess I have 6 Birds , 4 SC and 2 TCs . All one owner cars from the west coast , all but the pace car , got the 87 TC pace car from the Watkins Glen speedway , 69K miles , doing a resto on it now , almost ready for paint . Other is 88 TC from LA a one owner , Black loaded 5 with moonroof , no leather thank god . Real easy to work on , thats why Im doing most of the work on the pace car , east to tear down , no rust , just have to strip the car and pay the big bucks to have painted . See ya at a show sometime , DW
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 3X88Turbocoupe
Just joined this forum. Good to see others who also appreciate the Turbo Coupes. Got 3 of them myself. All '88s. Greta cars! Never owned a later bird. The wife had to draw the line somewhere and 3 cars was it (for now)....

I also belong to NATO, TurboFord and participate in some of the activities with the Super Coupe Club Of IA.

Ken
was that you at mike's bbq with the maroon TC the day before the club clash?

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 09:22 PM

Yes. That was me. I think I'm the only TC that I've seen show up. Not to say others haven't, just not when I've attended. Afterall it is an SC club but a good group of people. Some good knowledge to get ideas from.

Ken
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

JT who used to be a super moderator here had two 88 tc's. He lives in Des Moines. But yeah, not many fox birds at all show up. But I saw yours pull up and it looked very very nice. I only own one supercoupe and it's a parts car, the sccoia is a group bunch of guys.
-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 PM

I appreciate the compliment on the Maroon Bird. If you liked that one hopefully you'll get the opportunity to see the Black Bird sometime. It's many times nicer than the Maroon one. Of course I don't enjoy driving it as much since I restrict myself from putting too many miles on her. I've only put 150 miles on the clock since I've owned her (3 years next month). Don't want to hit 1400 miles even though it is inevitable. Just want to delay it as long as possible.
If you get the chance to attend the All Ford show here at Lindale Mall in a few weeks do. I'll be there with the Black Bird!

Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in