TC On Police Chase Show - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

TC On Police Chase Show

Saw a humorous segment on Wild Police Chases or whatever that show is called.
The segment showed what looked like a white 88 TC that had been taken on a joy ride by some teenagers.
Now normally, from what I've seen they don't say much about the vehicle being chased by the cops. However, in this case they said a LOT. Talked about how it was a powerful Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and how the cop happened to be in a 5.0 Mustang. They said nothing about if the TC was auto, manual or if it had been modded. Just assumed it was stock. The funny part was the host of the show was talking about how the "...220 hp Thunderbird Turbo Coupe..."
The other funny part was the cop was yelling at the TC over his loud speaker, while he was chasing them, saying "....I've got a 5.0 buddy! You're not going to outrun ME!"

I forgot how much they re-run those shows. I just checked over at the TC site and found where they had posted this 3 yrs ago!

-Rick-

Last edited by Still Crusin; 04-15-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Crusin
Saw a humorous segment on Wild Police Chases or whatever that show is called.
The segment showed what looked like a white 88 TC that had been taken on a joy ride by some teenagers.
Now normally, from what I've seen they don't say much about the vehicle being chased by the cops. However, in this case they said a LOT. Talked about how it was a powerful Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and how the cop happened to be in a 5.0 Mustang. They said nothing about if the TC was auto, manual or if it had been modded. Just assumed it was stock. The funny part was the host of the show was talking about how the "...220 hp Thunderbird Turbo Coupe..."
The other funny part was the cop was yelling at the TC over his loud speaker, while he was chasing them, saying "....I've got a 5.0 buddy! You're not going to outrun ME!"

I forgot how much they re-run those shows. I just checked over at the TC site and found where they had posted this 3 yrs ago!

Yeah... I cought that last night. Didn't hear the part about it being a Turbo Coupe... I about fell out of my chair laughing when the cop was describing the Mustang, and then we hear the ".. I've got a 5.0 buddy! You're not going to outrun ME!" line. I'm thinkin'.. uhm... the T-Bird probably has a 5.0 too... but now I know it was just a lil ol' turbo 2.3..
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Slacks 12 months a year
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LX-Tasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLXBird
I about fell out of my chair laughing when the cop was describing the Mustang, and then we hear the ".. I've got a 5.0 buddy! You're not going to outrun ME!" line. I'm thinkin'.. uhm... the T-Bird probably has a 5.0 too... but now I know it was just a lil ol' turbo 2.3..
The sad thing is that with very few mods that lil ol'turbo 2.3 will out run the 5.0

"My Other Ride Is Your Girl"
"If Nissan motorsports is Nismo, wouldn't Honda Motorsports be Homo?"
Before the internet, the village idiot would stay in his own village
REAL RACERS DRIVE STRAIGHT TO THE FINISH LINE, WHILE THE OTHERS DRIVE AROUND IN CIRCLES LOOKING FOR IT
05 Supercharged Ranger Edge tuned by www.blueovalchips.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
2nd Gear Poster

I saw that the other night too, that was awesome!!!

ya with a few mods that car can definitely outrun a 5.0 but you must remember there was just a couple dumb kids in the car and the cop probably had years of experience at high speeds...

5.0 P71 = 1
Tbird TC = 0

sweet chase though!

1995 Tbird 3.8L (R.I.P.) 01-04-2005

1996 Tbird 4.6L - "Christine"
Flowmaster exhaust, removed air silencer, K&N cone, 93 SC wheels w/ 235-60-16 BFGs, scotts gauges, etc.
SOON TO COME: 2" drop 1 3/8" sway bars & adjustible shocks, xenon spoiler, age classic cowl hood
1989 Probe beater- 4banger running open header
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
2nd Gear Poster

I didnt get to see it. I wonder hal many getaway thay will not show.

FASTFORD!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastford52780
I didnt get to see it. I wonder hal many getaway thay will not show.

FASTFORD!!

I would guess NONE, unless they catch the perpetrator later and they comment to that fact. As they don't want to be blamed for encouraging lawlessness. I've only seen one chase video where it ended in a fatal crash for the idiots that were trying to get away. I was surprised they even showed that.

-Rick-
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 07:54 AM
PostWhore

I remember one where it was a 5.0 stang taking over the chase after a white SuperCoupe.

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Poster

yea i seen the one where he was chasing a super coupe too and the cop hadthe stang and shouted u wont run from me and all that
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 01:39 PM
1st Gear Poster

Why is every police chase video a drunk, a kid, a stoner, or a hysterical woman? We never see anyone who can drive a car somewhat well. The only car i have seen outrun the cops, is a black BMW, in which the made it look like he ran outa gas. It was on DTMpower forums and the kid was 15. The cop had a Camaro. In real life, the kid got a way and was turned in 4 days later by his dad, who was an instructor at the BMW driving school, i believe.

VId... http://www.dl330ci.com/Video%20Libra...1%20Camaro.wmv
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
im not trying to condone lawlessness, but even though that kid was 15, it kinda looked like he's done some driving before that.

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripass
Why is every police chase video a drunk, a kid, a stoner, or a hysterical woman?
I don't know about the hysterical woman part, but for the others I would answer your question by saying probably b/c they are usually the ones not thinking clearly and stupid enough to try something like that.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Automatic Weapon

His dad probly did the same thing my dad did with me. "I know you're gonna do it anyway, so I better teach you the right way to handle a car."

<----not throwing rocks at girls anymore
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
I love watching Wild Police Chase Videos on FX? right? Anyways, i also saw the chase between the 5.0 Mustang patrol car and the Turbo Coupe. I saw it about a year ago though. I havent seeen the one that involved the SC. I bet that was a good chase too.

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in