t/c owner saying hi - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SLEEPER T-BIRD 87 Send a message via Yahoo to SLEEPER T-BIRD 87
t/c owner saying hi

new here so i thought id say hello

1987 TURBO COUPE -- 429/c-6 .headers,motorsports cam,ported heads,750 holley,high rise intake,electric waterpump,big shot plate kit,much much more!!!!!!
new numbers coming soon!!!

1988 5.0 BIRD ------ BEATER
long tubes,2.5 h pipe hi flow cats,mac flowpath mufflers,h.o intake/throttlebody swap,underdrives,short belt, electric fan, etc.............................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Mr. Jiggy Fly

Welcome to the boards!!! You fill find anything you need to know here........there is alot of information on this site. And everyone will tell you that the search button is your best friend here. Again.....welcome

Jmod, Mark VIII 4R70W tranny, Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft, 03 Marauder TC and Flexplate, True Dual Exhaust with High Flow Magnaflow Cats, and midmount DI/DO Magnaflow Muffler, 18" Slash Cut Chrome Tips, AC Compressor Delete Pulley, 180 Degrees T-Stat, Scott White Faced Guages,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
yeah well my car doesn't run on chocolate so who cares.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:39 PM

Where in TN are you located???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SLEEPER T-BIRD 87 Send a message via Yahoo to SLEEPER T-BIRD 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizemoremk
Where in TN are you located???

right outside chattanooga (east ridge)

1987 TURBO COUPE -- 429/c-6 .headers,motorsports cam,ported heads,750 holley,high rise intake,electric waterpump,big shot plate kit,much much more!!!!!!

long tubes,2.5 h pipe hi flow cats,mac flowpath mufflers,h.o intake/throttlebody swap,underdrives,short belt, electric fan, etc.............................
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:05 AM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPER T-BIRD 87
new here so i thought id say hello

Get back to SCF you fool.....

I don't post of SCF much, but nice TC you have and good luck with the latest project.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 12:57 PM
5th Gear Poster

I was looking ato your car on streetcarforums.com and noticed the header that you had. Is it the SSautochrome header or the stinger header from turboford.com? The reason that I ask is because SSautochrome is known to make very,very,very,(add as many more verys as you feel needed) poor parts. Stinger makes them with much better quality but they are still prone to cracking because of the weight the turbo puts on the tubing. If you brace it to the exhause port bolts on the head to the bolts on the turbo flange and make it more rigid then you should get some better durability out of it.

Just giving a heads up.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobohuey
I was looking ato your car on streetcarforums.com and noticed the header that you had. Is it the SSautochrome header or the stinger header from turboford.com? The reason that I ask is because SSautochrome is known to make very,very,very,(add as many more verys as you feel needed) poor parts. Stinger makes them with much better quality but they are still prone to cracking because of the weight the turbo puts on the tubing. If you brace it to the exhause port bolts on the head to the bolts on the turbo flange and make it more rigid then you should get some better durability out of it.

Just giving a heads up.

yes it is a cheapie ss auto chrome header it has been on for a while been abused to no end (glows cherry red alot) been wet while glowing and has preformed flawlessly so far. It is holding me over till i can get one built that will match my head ports 1.75 average ,all the headers/manifold are much smaller than the head port so its just buying time

and on a side note i understand that people have had bad experiances with them
but i have had a good one so far i understand that it can crack and it will.and remember they are also alot cheaper

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCme
Get back to SCF you fool.....

I don't post of SCF much, but nice TC you have and good luck with the latest project.

if scf's would go back to what they used to be id spend more time in there

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobohuey

Just giving a heads up.
Stinger gets his from SSautochrome. I highly doubt they make his any better.

88TC mods: SDS Digital Fuel Injection,
ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), .500 lift roller cam,
custom upper and ported lower intakes, 60-1 stage III .63 turbo,
powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors,
Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header,
3" exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, MSD 6al, MSD coil,
MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter,
Star stage III clutch, Greddy Profec B boost controller,
Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn 88TC
Stinger gets his from SSautochrome. I highly doubt they make his any better.

You know ive always wondered that they look the same

the only differance ive seen is the wastegate flange on the ss autochrome only fits there wastegates as the stinger has the universal 2 bolt one

either way i saved some money for the same product

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in