Timing belt? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Timing belt?

Ok, i know everything there is to know to rip the rest of this engine apart, but i have never ever done a timing belt on one of these bad boys before. I am going to be swapping the cam, and the only thing im worried about is being able to get the timing belt in the right spot, how do you adjust the tensioner on these things, because the haynes is pretty vague on how the tensioner works. If i knew how to adjust the tensioner then i'd have no problem at all with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 11:34 PM
5th Gear Poster

Don't pry on the roll pin where the spring is. I made that mistake on time and it was a $20 whoopsie when it came fling apart.

Dont you just love those special tools?

'95 T-Bird - Light green, 98 Crown Vic Police Interceptor Engine, 96 Grand Marquis Tranny, 3.27 Trac-loc, Ford MotorSports Trans cooler, Sport Springs, Blaupunkt Richmond, Memphis Car Audio 5x7's, Cerwin-Vega 150.2 powering mids/highs, Volgenhag 4-channel 1200w amp (junk), 2 Memphis Car Audio 12's

'88 T-bird turbo - Silver, 5spd, Rebuilt Engine, t-3 .63, Custom FMIC, Bobs Big Log, Bob's 3" Elbow, Walbro 255lph, Maximum Motorsports Coil-over Kit, Bilstein HD struts, Hypercoil 200# 14" Springs, Caster/Camber Plates, Ranger Roller, Gillis Valve at 20#, 3in. Side-Dump Exhaust, NGK Iridium XI Plugs, Jacobs C-4 Coil, High Volume Oil Pump, MAX PSI Oil Lines, Poly Bushings, 245/50/R16 Nitto 450's, Autocross car
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to BogusSVO Send a message via Yahoo to BogusSVO
what specal tools?

just a good long scew driver with a pice of house taped to the shank so the hose touches the belt and then pry the tentioner toward the water pump and lock it down with the hold down bolt.

then lay in the new beltloosen the hold down bolt and let it snap into place then just go a nudge more tighten the hold down bolt and roll on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

so basically loosen the bolt on the plate, then pry on the tensior, which part by the way? then the reverse to reinstall.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 07:02 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to BogusSVO Send a message via Yahoo to BogusSVO
the wheel part of it towords the water pump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in