help again - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

help again

ok guys.. the relay thing you guys told me was right on the money, now i have another problem, i think it may be the tps or mass airflow sensor.. i can be idling fine, then out of no where it jumps to liek 2.5 grand, and just sits there... then i can go somewhere and not have that problem... then some days i do... its a five speed... so i can just put in the clutch, and thats like whenit happens, when im just sitting there.. it can be in nuetral and it happens... but i dont know what it is and its getting tiring sitting at a red light and a car thinking i want to race.... any ideas?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Not too familiar with the 2.3 turbo motors, but that sounds like a problem with your IAC to me. Try taking it out and cleaning it up. If not that, then it might be something else telling the IAC to open all the way. I'm sure some people that know more about the turbo coupes will chime in.

Mike

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:07 PM
No More BS

Unplug the Iac and see if the idle changes, Im leaning more towards the TPS, I have had a TC before and they will do things just because. Was it an auto before. that has been know to happen.

1988 Lincoln Mark VII
Paxton Novi 1000 6psi kit, 30lb injectors 73mm C&L, MAF converted A3M, gt-40's, Felpro headgaskets, 1.7 Cobra RR's, typhoon intake,1 5/8 shorty headers, off road x-pipe, and full mandrel catback, electric fan, 3.73's, TKO 500, pro 5.0 shifter

372.4hp / 394.6tq 5psi

Rest in Peace Joel R. Bender.
July 30, 1979 - March 26, 2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 01:48 PM
5th Gear Poster

Tps, the 87 I have did that for a while. While driving I would push in the clutch and switch the ignition off and on real quick so the computer would reset. To change it follow the instructions in the FAQs at turbotbird.com. The tps is located on the back of the trottle body just incase you didnt know.

'95 T-Bird - Light green, 98 Crown Vic Police Interceptor Engine, 96 Grand Marquis Tranny, 3.27 Trac-loc, Ford MotorSports Trans cooler, Sport Springs, Blaupunkt Richmond, Memphis Car Audio 5x7's, Cerwin-Vega 150.2 powering mids/highs, Volgenhag 4-channel 1200w amp (junk), 2 Memphis Car Audio 12's

'88 T-bird turbo - Silver, 5spd, Rebuilt Engine, t-3 .63, Custom FMIC, Bobs Big Log, Bob's 3" Elbow, Walbro 255lph, Maximum Motorsports Coil-over Kit, Bilstein HD struts, Hypercoil 200# 14" Springs, Caster/Camber Plates, Ranger Roller, Gillis Valve at 20#, 3in. Side-Dump Exhaust, NGK Iridium XI Plugs, Jacobs C-4 Coil, High Volume Oil Pump, MAX PSI Oil Lines, Poly Bushings, 245/50/R16 Nitto 450's, Autocross car

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in