1988 TurboCoupe - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Question 1988 TurboCoupe

I have a 1988 TurboCoupe that needs a lot of TLC. It needs a little bit more work then what i can handel. I have been working on it little by little. And i think im about to the point where im going to have to sell it. I just put a new altenator on it and just replaced the turbo boost controller, I have been working on vaccum lines and wiring problems that the car had when i got it. So if some one want to offer to buy that would be cool. I have a clean title on it. or if some one wants to help me figuer out how to fix some of the things wrong with it that would be cool too. I could explan some of the problems im having later if some one wants to help. I can take pictures aswell.

I also have a 1992 thunder bird sport 5.0 H.O. that im rebuliding the motor in too.

Thanks
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 04:48 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to vantage08
Well what else is wrong w/ it?

www.tstacc.com
1988 V6 3.8- SOLD!
2005 Pontiac GTP- COMP G( Pontiac Supercoupe)
Mods: inferno hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal 17s, K&N short ram intake,LED out the 3in ZZP DP back exhaust. 304 stainless.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Ok so most of what i know is wrong with it is the wiring. I replaced on of the fuseable links with a regular fuse. And every time i hook up the positve power wire to the altenator it blows. And also some one tryed to getto rigged the instrument panle wiring. The block that plugs it to the back of it is all messed up with wires pulled out of it. And the only other thing i can think of wright now is that the car will not start by the key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:08 PM
BJL
1st Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BJL
do you have wiring diagrams for it? if nto your just peeign in the wind.

first and for most what amp fuse are you using?
second each fusibel link shoudl eb replaced bya fuse, so if there 5 fusibel links five seperatwe fuses, but you shoudl put usible links back in, sound like the alternaotr wire is grounded soem where.

check teh resistanc eof the alt wire to a ground to see what going on and floow it til there is no reistanc eand found the short

Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird TC 5spd. few bolt ons, 308k miles
1989 Cougar XR7 AOD 110k
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Well i did check all of the fusible links they where ok, i do have wiring diagrams and i was using a 30 amp fuse
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:23 AM
BJL
1st Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BJL
hmm 30amp, may be too little, i know most newer fords that are using fuses are using between 50amps, to 00amp fuses, i dunno what the draw is on teh system, but are you usign amaxi-fuse, or a regualor size, is the car runnign or off (im assuming off) you have to find out and follwo that circcuit, you have ashort soemwhere, every think its mayeb the alt?

Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird TC 5spd. few bolt ons, 308k miles
1989 Cougar XR7 AOD 110k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in