TCCoA Forums banner

97 t-bird

662 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sloth92 
#1 ·
I just bought a 97 t-bird I have a xenon body kit that will go on it and my buddy is giving me his old hubs from his mustang so I can hav the bearings from mine pressed in also I have mustang brakes to put on it too. Any way I really want to put bullitt rims on it but I want to go with some 17x10 0r 18x10 in the back and I want 17x7.5, 17x8 or 18x8 on the front now we have talked about my 95 cougar not fitting 315 wide tire or equivelant on the back. I was curious is this the same with the 97 t-bird. I was wondering what kind of backspacing I could go with could I get away with 24mm backspacing or am I just screwed with my idea. We have also talked about fender rolling but I dont know if I really want my tire to stick out past the fender and chunk rocks all over the side. Since I have the body kit I really doubt I will lower the car I am afraid with my aggressive style of driving I will bottom out too much. Well I would appreciate any more info on this bit of trouble I have been having, I just really want a very aggressive stance for this car I have a ram air hood for it and I am in the process of porting the pi heads for it I want this car to say I am bad dont F-with me. I already can give gt mustangs a good little run but I want them to see that a t-bird can look mean too. Oh I have been looking at the custom rim shop and I love the boyd coddington rims for our cars but I dont really want chrome on white, but they would look awesome on my cougar. Thanks guys

#2 ·
Also I do like the cobra R's polished or gunmetal grey but I just wanted to do something different then cobra R's on a thunderbird. Any way thankyou.

#3 ·
Im pretty sure you could fit 315 on the back i have 9.5 with 285 and theres still plenty of room. i have 45mm backspacing on my 9.5 and there right at the edge of the fender so i dont think you'll be able to do 24mm without it go out past fender.

But when you do get this all done and get the body kit on can ya post or send me a pic, im still deciding if i should get the ram air hood and that kit haven't seen very many pics of it.

#4 ·
yeah I have been running 275 on 17" rims for a while now I love it I have plenty of room on it too but from the research and using our friend the search button and alot of help from the club members here I think I will be stuck with 9.5 wide rims and 305 wide tires not bad at all I just wanted more so I could have what most of the mustangs run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.