TCCoA Forums banner

Lapeer Dragway meet!!!!

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  QkTbird 
#1 ·
hello everyone, i was just wondering if we have decided if we are going to do this meet! i know we canceled it because of the weather before. but i got the CVN.net crowed wanting to meet up with us and you guys also said that you would invite the Taurus guys too so we can have a big meet with all the fords. just let me know and i will post this same thing on the other forums to see if we can get something going with this. also lets throw out some dates that people suggest.

thanks, Jonathan

#3 ·
We were talking about July 12th but if we have CVN guys, I can convince my buddy to move it up some. He is a die hard CV guy, so I know he will be game. Throw that July date over there to see if it sticks. I will post it over at TCCA and SHOFORUM to see what interest is there.

#5 ·
See what the CVN guys say about July 12th. Its a go from our end. The Taurus guys have a conflict, but they aren't much into drag racing anyway.

#6 ·
Me thinks the TCCA and SHOforum guys will be at Gingerman Friday the 11th

#7 ·
If the TCCA (unlikely) or SHOFORUM guys are not participating in the weekend activities, perhaps they want to come to Lapeer. We plan on another Lapeer meet in the fall, so maybe they will want to come to that one.

#8 ·
There is heavy interest at Crown Vic.Net. Lets have a good showing of Birds and Cats at this meet. :cool:

#9 ·
if i still have the bird by then i will have a buddy drive that up there and ill bring the stang neither have ever seen the track but july 12 sounds good to me. it would be nice to meet some of you guys and see your mn12's and whatnot.

#10 ·
In case you missed the invite:

===

The Annual Lapeer Dragway Day is on Saturday July 12th at Lapeer Dragway.

Lapeer Dragway:

http://www.lapeerdragway.com

Saturdays are Test-N-Tune, and for $25 you can get a LOT of runs in. Please
note that a helmet is required for all cars running. Any helmet will do, and
they also rent helmets at the track for $5. Long pants (jeans or the like) are required on the track.

The track opens at Noon, and is open until 5-6 PM or so (depends on crowds, it seems!).

#11 ·
Bump! Its going to be here before you know it! Lots of interest on the Crown Vic side, how about you guys?

#12 ·
how about the McDonald's off of Opdyke/University? easy to find...and we can just take Opdyke right into M-24.
and that intersection is just off I-75 so if anyone is taking I-75 to get in this general area, it will work great.
if you're heading north on I75, just get off at University and when u get to the light, go left...when u hit opdyke, go right and McD's is right there on the left...all of 100ft from the intersection
We are meeting here for a caravan to Lapeer.

#13 ·
The meet is going to be a week from this Saturday! Gates open at 11:00AM, we are meeting at the McDonalds if you want to caravan.

#15 ·
Rain Out!

Guys,

We rained out today. We are going to try this again on July 26th! Be there!!!:D

#16 ·
Well, it's 10:30 and I was going to shoot out to this meet but it's raining like a mo-fo here so it looks like I'm not gonna make it. Just wondering if the meet was cancelled. Hope we can get another meet together even if it's not at the strip.

#17 ·
Yeah, we cancelled it due to rain (AGAIN:mad:).. It looks like the meet will be on July 26th. We will be meeting at McDonalds for a caravan on 11:00 at 1481 N Opdyke Rd Auburn Hills, MI 48326. Its off of University drive and Opdyke.

I am posting this info at SHOFORUM and TCCA so we have more people to pick on at the drags! haha!

It would be great to see you guys there. I wish the weather was better today. If you have questions, call me at 734-578-7008.

#19 ·
Will it make it there?

#20 ·
So who all is going to be there Saturday ?? I'll be there and was just wondering how many people we got going and are we still going to do the Telegraph cruise afterwards ??

Also if anyone has links to the crown vic forum or whatever other clubs are meeting there, could you post the link to their sites for me or send them in a PM. I don't have any links bookmarked to their forums anymore.

Thanks,
Jon

#23 ·
Ok, cool! We are going to meet at the track. Gates open at 11:00AM, racing starts at 12:00.

#25 ·
Just wondering if we're meeting up at the McDonalds with the other clubs at 11:00 as it was planned last time or are we just going to find each other once we're at the track ? Let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

#27 ·
I was there but only managed to pull a 13.95........The weather was hot and humid and there was a really strong headwind all day which didn't help. This was the first time I went to the track since my dyno tune and had hoped to do better that my best of 13.71 but couldn't do it. Early in the day I was geting off the line ok but when the car did the 1-2 shift the tires would spin really bad and the rear end would kick to the side on me.......I played with the program with my Xcal and got the 1-2 shift worked out so I didn't spin and then I couldn't get off the line without spinning really bad. I didn't see them do any kind of track prep the whole time either.........probably because there wasn't hardly anyone racing either.....maybe 30 cars. CometGSR posted a couple videos somewhere .....maybe the michigan chat thread. I had fun but I really need some good drag radials......these 245/45/18's aren't that good for racing. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.