Stored VIN number - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Stored VIN number

Hi everyone, I have a 97 Cougar 4.6L.

I bought a JET 15003 programmer used off ebay which their website says will work on a 1997 Cougar and it keeps having a seed/key error trying to program. My original computer went bad many years ago, I replaced it with a refurbished unit and didn't keep the original. I thought the replacement didn't have a VIN programmed so I bought another computer off ebay for a buck lol, getting the same seed/key error with that one too. Aren't the 96 and newer engine computers suppose to store the VIN number? The Jet 15003 is not bound to any other vehicle.

Thanks for any info or help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:24 PM
PostWhore

yes the eec-v computers can save the vin number but not all of them have the vin number in them some are blank as-is the case with most refurbs. If you want you can add the vin number to it no problem.

A bas seed/key means that programmer cannot program a 2 bank ecu as-is common since most eec-v programmers are defaulted to 4 bank ecus (1998+)

supercoupin'

www.EFIDynoTuning.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Kinda late response to this thread. But I have a 97 Thunderbird. I did a PI swap, i.e. pi heads and cams from an 04 crown Vic and pi intake from a 2003 crown vic, so I decided to buy an act x4 programmer so I could get a tune from lasota racing. I highly recommend them if you want a tune. Super nice people. Anyways, when I tried to flash a preloaded tune, it kept saying the device wasn't married and to return to stock. But I was already "stock" as far as a tune was concerned. But long story short, I had to have an sct tech operator pull my stock tune from the programmer and marry my Vin to it and flash it to make it marry the programmer. Not sure if this is the same problem you're having. But I hope it helps you out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in