TCCoA Forums banner

Just got a new setup...sound question

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  _95badbird 
#1 ·
I just got 40 series Flowmasters put on my 95 4.6L, with True duals ran and all cats taken off. It sounds good until I give it a lot of gas, I guess the best way I can describe it is as crackly or rattly. Any way to get a deeper sound?

#5 ·
Also I would like it to sound as close to this Mustang as possible.

anymore suggestions?
Yeah, but Bill wont let us talk like that... :)

Every Asshat in this part of the country has a Rustang with flowmasters on it; I like the fact that my car has very little in common with one; I may be alone here, but I doubt it.

#13 ·
i would put a minimum of 2 with out cats you'll have hardly any torque. you can mash that pedal but you wont go anywhere fast hell you take off the exhuast at the break away point after the 3rd cat and you'll have no torque. have it go true duals but with the x-pipe where the 3rd cat is and go back to duals all the way to the back usuing 2.5" piping at a minimum. the only thing the x pipe does is act like a resenator of sorts and gives it a better sound its not 100% necessary but most cant stand the drone and sound of it.

#18 ·
2.25" is more than enough for a true dual exhaust setup. That is, if you plan on staying N/A.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.