TCCoA Forums banner

Help me find a new Bird, Cat or Mark

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  rtalber1 
#1 ·
I need a new bird, lost mine in the divorce, but now I have some money to buy one, know of any good deals? I have about $5,000 I could spend, but the car will be my daily driver for about 2 years.

This is out of my price range...but...What do you think of this Cat?

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/1092185477.html

#6 ·
Good luck with that! I had a hard time finding something that was worth a darn, they are either very nice or very beat. The nice ones are hard to find at a good price. I will keep my eyes open, I check Craigs list almost daily in case someone is selling parts that I am interested in.

#9 ·
There's THIS ONE in Grand Rapids:

However once that car sells there'll be a nice little red X in this posting. I saw it in person, it's nice, but blue is not my color. Yes, it's a 1997 V8 LX, 53K miles, asking $4,995 and he'll go down to $4,795. You can call them at 1-866-491-2466. There's a VIDEO tab as well so you can view it.

#12 ·
Which one, the blue one? If so, click on THIS ONE in the sentence above the pic, open the AutoTrader page, get the number and ring 'em up.

If you're referrring to another car then I have no clue.

#13 ·
Found One...

Puttin down payment tomorrow.

Jake, what should I do first it is bone stock 75,000 miles, light passenger side damage...

#18 · (Edited)
Should I do intake or a trans mod? Or just go with a tune?
Getting it from MAD1STGEN... u know him...

Put the down payment on it, and waiting for Inspection by State, probably rebuilt title, as it has light damage.
Should have it next week, then I will have to wait on the title and then insure it and plate it by the end of the month.

#19 ·
Rob, What intake mod are you talking about? I wouldn't worry about the Tranny yet either, go with what Jake said and get a tune.

MAD1stGen sold that to you, I met him once here at the house. Cool man, and it may not be a salvage or rebuilt title, just because it has minor damage doesn't mean its going to change the title. We shall see though. Good luck, now the real fun begins, waiting for all the paperwork to go through.

#21 ·
If I want to j MOD the car, shouldn't the tune account for a J Modded trans?? If I am gonna pull the trigger on the tune co$t, I think I should upgrade to 90mm MaF and a JMOD at the same time, really make it wake up. The tune would be different for a car with JMOD and new MAF than stock car.... as far as I understand it.

#24 ·
How bout this, give Lonnie a call, talk to him, ask him what you should do.

From my experience you do not need a larger maf. Its not the bottle neck in the intake system, the biggest problem is the stock intake manifold.

My car also shifts damn hard as is, I've spun 2nd and chirped 3rd plenty of times. My trans is still stock.

Still though, honestly give Lonnie a call, he'll talk to you and be able to answer your questions and give you good honest suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.