TCCoA Forums banner

95 SC running hotter

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  decipha 
#1 ·
My 95 SC is starting to run a lot hotter (temp gauge rarely went past "L" in NORMAL even on hot days). It now moves about two letter spaces past the "L" on my 24 mile commute from work in San Antonio. I notices after parking at home that when the gauge gets to that point the fan does come on but only stays on for about a minute (90 seconds tops). Is it the IRCM? thoughts welcome.

Don
95 SC auto (140ish Kmiles)

#2 · (Edited)
If your still running the factory on/off fan temp settings and everything else in your cooling system is up to parr you should see your puller fan (engine side of radiator) come on at 220 degrees which should put your temp gauge needle right at the M in Norm. I'm not aware of any 94/5 SC that has normal on the temp gauge. My 94 and 95 both have Norm on them. Anyway, you could get a chip to turn your fans on at a lower temp. Both of my SC's are chipped...the puller fan in my 94 comes on at 190 degrees and the puller fan in my 95 comes on at 192 degrees and the temp on both cars rarely gets above those settings. If you want to go that route get a hold of XR7 Dave at sccoa.com He'll hook you up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.