TCCoA Forums banner

Front Koni's have been installed!!

5K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 ·
Well,

Aaron and I installed my Koni inserts earlier this evening and the install was quite straight foward. We followed the instructions on MarkVIII.org. To compress the springs, We used the Strut Spring Compressors from Autozone and they worked fine and compressed the springs down very easily. Installing the Koni inserts requires venting the existing shock, which can be kinda dangerous. The fluid in the shock in under quite a bit of pressure and Aaron caught it in the face and made a bit of a mess in the shop. After the shock is vented, the top of the shock, just under the weld seam is to be cut. The bottom of the shock between the lower mount if it has a casting "knob" has to be cut of ground off, so that a flat surface is remaining to tap and drill a hole in the center that is a little over 1/2inch so that the lower mount bolt doesnt catch any of the shock body and crossthread. After that, its all self explanitory, the spring and mount plate is reinstalled and its all good. Aaron caught some video footage of me venting a shock, to show how much pressure the fluid is under. He might be able to get it posted. For those of you contemplating Konis, the front cartridge isnt as hard as it might seem. Since Aarons labor fee was Wendys and a set of rotors, I think I made out quite nicely:D

thanks for reading

joseph

See less See more
#29 ·
we have to see that vid.. where is it ? lol

The Konis are so worth it. I had them on my Camaro. Im doing the Koni /Vogtland springs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.