TCCoA Forums banner

Transaxles

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bangster 
#1 ·
I am wondering what transaxle will be able to bolt up to a mod motor. Do they make adapters for most all engines or how does it work?

I know the new Ford GT uses the British Ricardo, THe old GT40 and Pantera use the ZF transaxle, and there are tons of kit cars that use the G50 out of an Porsche to bolt up to a Chevy LS motor. And the Cadillac (4.6)Northstar bolts up to a transaxle that I am unsure of, since it is FWD.

I am just curious if a G50 (since they are more available and cheaper than the Ricardo) would be able to bolt up to a mod motor and/or maybe a big block pushrod motor. Any info is helpful and appreciated. You would think the internet would turn up tons of info on this, but unfortunately if anyone bolts a motor to a transaxle it is usually a Chevy motor. :(

C.Hill

#2 ·
Man; this gives me visions of a rear engine MN12...that would be awesome.

This coffee tastes funny... :D

#3 ·
I am just curious if a G50 (since they are more available and cheaper than the Ricardo) would be able to bolt up to a mod motor and/or maybe a big block pushrod motor. Any info is helpful and appreciated. You would think the internet would turn up tons of info on this, but unfortunately if anyone bolts a motor to a transaxle it is usually a Chevy motor. :(

A G50-50 out of a 89 930 is like $7500 and that's used.. if i remember correctly the 930 G50 does have a LSD, which is a pretty spendy Item..

Kennedy Engineering should have a Adapter and such to go from a 4.6L to a Porsche G50.. But i'm sure with the price of the adapter, Flywheel and CLUTCH you'll be looking around the $1000 mark..

#4 ·
There is the 4.6 DOHC in the FWD Continental, it uses an AX4N/4F50N. One of the differences in the Continental block is there is no provision for the starter, it is on the transmission, so I don't know if a regular mod motor will bolt up.

These are extremely un-performance transmissions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.