Transaxles - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
shaken, not stirred

Transaxles

I am wondering what transaxle will be able to bolt up to a mod motor. Do they make adapters for most all engines or how does it work?

I know the new Ford GT uses the British Ricardo, THe old GT40 and Pantera use the ZF transaxle, and there are tons of kit cars that use the G50 out of an Porsche to bolt up to a Chevy LS motor. And the Cadillac (4.6)Northstar bolts up to a transaxle that I am unsure of, since it is FWD.

I am just curious if a G50 (since they are more available and cheaper than the Ricardo) would be able to bolt up to a mod motor and/or maybe a big block pushrod motor. Any info is helpful and appreciated. You would think the internet would turn up tons of info on this, but unfortunately if anyone bolts a motor to a transaxle it is usually a Chevy motor.

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Man; this gives me visions of a rear engine MN12...that would be awesome.

This coffee tastes funny...

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 10:44 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboy7 View Post
I am just curious if a G50 (since they are more available and cheaper than the Ricardo) would be able to bolt up to a mod motor and/or maybe a big block pushrod motor. Any info is helpful and appreciated. You would think the internet would turn up tons of info on this, but unfortunately if anyone bolts a motor to a transaxle it is usually a Chevy motor.

A G50-50 out of a 89 930 is like $7500 and that's used.. if i remember correctly the 930 G50 does have a LSD, which is a pretty spendy Item..

Kennedy Engineering should have a Adapter and such to go from a 4.6L to a Porsche G50.. But i'm sure with the price of the adapter, Flywheel and CLUTCH you'll be looking around the $1000 mark..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

There is the 4.6 DOHC in the FWD Continental, it uses an AX4N/4F50N. One of the differences in the Continental block is there is no provision for the starter, it is on the transmission, so I don't know if a regular mod motor will bolt up.

These are extremely un-performance transmissions.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in